Doing my part for the troops

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by Benzoate, Jun 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. All things going well I should be starting basic later on this year so I decided that I want to do a little bit for those that have gone before me.

I have been growing a Black Pine tree (Bonsai) for 5 years now (since I was 14). As far as I'm concerned it is one of my best ! As I won't have any time for my Bonsais anymore I thought I'd auction one off and give the money to a charity of the winners choice (Military related charity only please.). The tree will be repotted next month and won't need repotting for at least another year. The auction can start or when it's ready up to you all.

I would be very grateful if this tree went to someone with some experience or at least very willing to learn as this took 5 years of very careful attention and love.

The affectionately re-named arrse tree:
    [align=center][​IMG][/align]

edited: Any interest if I throw in a beer ?

2. I'll start the bidding at £20.

How would you transport the tree to me in London?

3. I live in London so that won't be a problem. For anyone that is rather fair away perhaps a halfway meet or something similar ?

4. How big is it?

5. It's a Bonsai Tree, so if you stand next to it, it will appear normal size. :p

6. Actual size:

Attached Files:

7. Is that marine 5' 10", or 6'?

8. hahah it's ten inches at the highest point.

9. I think this needs to be reposted to make it clear it's an auction if it's going to make as much money as it ought to. Look at teh other Hols4Heroes Auctions to see what I mean..

Just a thought

10. I know nothing about Bonsai but will bid £30

11. when is the closing date for this?

12. Okay sorry everyone but this will withdrawn now I will repopen it at a later date when I know the closing the date.
    I will create a new one and add more information etc. Sorry about this.

13. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

If you need any help or advice, just give a shout. :)