• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Doing an Admiral West

Couldn't resist this, Admiral West sounds like a good sport. How to get on in Gordon Brown's dictatorship.

Lord West replied in an affable tone: "As the noble baroness rightly suggests, I feel scarred by this. As an aside, there was some very unfortunate press reporting about me, which gave the wrong impression. What it means is that there is a firm of chauffeurs that refers to a U-turn as an Admiral West, which I find rather difficult. It was not a U-turn."

Say again, over.

nigegilb said:
Couldn't resist this, Admiral West sounds like a good sport. How to get on in Gordon Brown's dictatorship.

Lord West replied in an affable tone: "As the noble baroness rightly suggests, I feel scarred by this. As an aside, there was some very unfortunate press reporting about me, which gave the wrong impression. What it means is that there is a firm of chauffeurs that refers to a U-turn as an Admiral West, which I find rather difficult. It was not a U-turn."
Of course it wasn't :D We have always been at war with Eastasia!