Doha Qatar - Logistics Coordinator

Discussion in 'Jobs Offered' started by RogerOut2, Dec 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Major Project Management Company seeking Logistics Coordinators for a 5 year, multi-billion dollar, road building project in Qatar.

The successful candidate would have experience in providing logistics support to road building projects over several years. In this instance the term logistics support relates to site infrastructure (Access/egress, office and welfare facilities, laydown areas, temporary utilities provision, route planning) A big part of the role will be to audit and monitor implementation of major traffic diversion schemes (experience of the implementation of the Highways Agency, Traffic Signs Manual Chap 8 or equivelant would be preferred).

Experience of Road Building schemes is ESSENTIAL.

Deployment to Qatar would be within the next 2 months.

Package includes tax-free salary, rotational leave system with flights, furnished accommodation and vehicle provided.

Can be accompanied or non-accompanied status

If you are interested please PM me with your email address and contact details.

2. Bumping this. Had 130 views and only 1 response.

Happy to try to answer any questions.

3. Bumping again

4. Bump after editing original post for clarification

5. Hi

Do you have anything in construction site engineering/management?

I did 5 years in REME as a mechanic, now about to graduate with a degree in construction management. Aged 24.

Thanks in advance

6. construction management yes, but you need roads experience

7. I have no construction experience, same as most new graduates. But I have worked as a tradesman and got many transferable skills; crane operating, lifting tackles inspections, engineering principles, health and safety etc. Can you still take me on as a new guy? I can also speak Malaysian very well as a foreign language. I can send my CV accross if you want. I have experience working in Canada, Germany and Iraq.

8. Thanks in advance. I fully understand if I dont cut the grade yet, I cant start work until June anyway, from now until then I will try to get some on site management experience. Thanks

Paul

9. Thanks in advance. I fully understand if I dont cut the grade yet, I cant start work until June anyway, from now until then I will try to get some on site management experience. Thanks

Paul

10. I am sorry Paul, this particular client is insistent on vetting all CVs and if necessary interviewing the candidate before we take them on. They are absolutely insistent that candidates must have demonstrable experience in Road construction.

For my own department (Logistics) I have had to turn down 3 excellent candidates off this site with CVs any logistician would be proud of simply because they dont have experience of supporting road building projects.

Having been through the hoops with this client several times, I know that as a new graduate with no roads experience you would not get past first base. I am sorry. I will PM you my email address so that you can send me your CV which I will pass into my parent company for future reference, but as it stands you wouldnt be passed for this project.