DOGS!!!

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by stephandro, Jul 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

I am looking for help with a major MWD project! I am a UK based writer working on a book which will pay tribute to the outstanding work of military working dogs and their soldier comrades.
    I was in Afghanistan with the British Army in 2009 and was absolutely overwhelmed by the bravery of these dogs and their handlers.
    I want to tell the tales of (serving and retired) handlers and their four-legged warriors. The book promises to give an insight into dogs on the frontline in Afghanistan - so I am looking for fascinating true stories about these devoted dogs and their handlers.
    I have the utmost admiration and respect for the armed forces - so all stories and insights will be treated with the greatest sensitivity.
    I would also be keen to speak to people who have adopted retired MWDs.
    Thanks and get in touch! I can be contacted on hero.dogs.of.war@gmail.com. Stephen.

2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Contact the site admin and PR rep on Olive Net for permission to post.

Serving soldiers are not allowed to give you any info, but you should know that if you were an official journalist in 2009.

You might also want to contact the RAVC who are the central resource for dog handlers.

3. Thanks - yep - I am doing all that as well. I was more looking for former dog handlers with a tale to tell...cheers

4. Is the world ready for Stumpy?

:nod:

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

• Like Like x 3
  6. Indeedy! Tencuntingfuckingshitebagarsetwat letters!!!

7. Can you not hack into a handlers phone.......? My pooch would give a quote however hes too busy licking his balls.