Dogs in the Mess

I hear on the grapevine that these damned contractor people who are winning something called PFI contracts are going to ban dogs from the Mess and in some cases have done so already. What on earth is a chap to do if he suddenly needs to go shooting! Where is he to keep his hound? Does anyone have any experince of these types?

They tried that where I am at the moment and were told that only when all smoking by civilians was banned would they even consider it. (The leading civvie being a 20 a day man).

No more was heard.

Life would not be the same without Henry the red setter in the mess. I hope dogs aren't banned......

Dale the snail said:
Life would not be the same without Henry the red setter in the mess. I hope dogs aren't banned......
How the bloody hell did you get in the mess. I thought that you have to have standards, to be in there?

Oh, you're in the AGC... :D

StabTiffy2B said:
Dale the snail said:
How the bloody hell did you get in the mess. I thought that you have to have standards, to be in there?

.... and she's in the wrong mess ............again.

B

Biscuits_AB

Dale the snail said:

You'd have no where to drink if they were.

(ah, come on.....you were all dying to say it!)

Oracle said:
StabTiffy2B said:
Dale the snail said:

Aaaah, that's where you are wrong!!!!!

Thought you knew everything Oracle?

Jolly interesting replies but some quite irrelevant and merely jovial. This is a damn serious subject you know. It cuts right into the very heart of life in the Mess. Damned contractors should be horse whipped - but no doubt some will have a thing or two to say about that, what!

Dale the snail said:
Oracle said:
StabTiffy2B said:
Dale the snail said:

Was that a bite?

Colonel_Crusty said:
Jolly interesting replies but some quite irrelevant and merely jovial. This is a damn serious subject you know. It cuts right into the very heart of life in the Mess. Damned contractors should be horse whipped - but no doubt some will have a thing or two to say about that, what!
Of course it's serious. No dogs, no smoking, but whipping? Now that's completely different.

Never understood why dogs where there in the first place. However why the heck should those cretins from SODHEXO et al have a say what happens in a private club.

Think they were sent by A_Q to distroy morale in the forces with bad food etc..

Oracle said:
Dale the snail said:
Oracle said:
StabTiffy2B said:
Dale the snail said:

Was that a bite?
I never bite. Well, not hard.

OUT

(I am not allowed in here)

When I was slightly younger I loved being in the wrong mess, ideally with the wrong people!!

Seriously - we have no probs here. Excellent food and dogs all over the shop - even the staff bring in their own to add to the melee. Depends on Mess Manger and staff - we're lucky.

Only problem I have experienced is when an officer has an uncontrolable dog - seen a mate bitten (by the dog) and even I became nervous!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AcornSunray Officers 26
Ozduke Officers 54
Colonel_Crusty Officers 5