"Dogs Are MERELY Unfeeling Animals"

Although I think the tenor of the title of this thread is less prevalent in the UK compared to it's too often reflected by so many of my fellow Americans, this is a poignant (and for me gut-wrenching) reminder of how shallow such statements:
[video=youtube;RREOXPYOJzs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RREOXPYOJzs&feature=youtube_gdata_player [/video]

Don't do this JJ. I have memories of my dogs that are too pain full to bear. Google up a poem called "And give your heart to a dog to tear".

When Lord Byron's dog died, he ordered a tombstone with this inscription:

"Here lies one who possessed
Strength without Arrogance
Beauty without Vanity
Courage without Cruelty
All the Virtues of Man
And none of his Vices."

Pretty much sums up how I feel about dogs.:salut:

When Lord Byron's dog died, he ordered a tombstone with this inscription:

"Here lies one who possessed
Strength without Arrogance
Beauty without Vanity
Courage without Cruelty
All the Virtues of Man
And none of his Vices."

Pretty much sums up how I feel about dogs.:salut:

That's why I prefer cats, arrogant, vain and cruel with all the best vices - stay out all night and shag anything.;P

Think the title of this thread may be erroneous from my experience, my "boys" are certainly not unfeeling. They instinctively know my mood and how to behave in any given situation.

The+Mad+Hungarians.jpg

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Maintaining your high standards I see---very bad drills IMHO.
Not really and no disrespect to the chap who died, someone took his dog to his funeral, it's going to go isn't it? There is no reason to expect the dog was showing any understanding of what was happening, or did I see a different clip?
It's very sad but it doesn't look to me like the dog knew what was happening.

Think the title of this thread may be erroneous from my experience, my "boys" are certainly not unfeeling. They instinctively know my mood and how to behave in any given situation.

View attachment 49220
Those ghillie suits really are very good these days. But shouldn't they be in some sort of cover? Sniper course: FAIL

Maintaining your high standards I see---very bad drills IMHO.
Eh?

Careful lads, one look in to its eyes and the next thing you know its turned you into a pathetic case of anthropomorphisation.

Dogs lay mars bars on your lawn while the cat shags venus.^_~
No,cats try to lay 'mars bars' on everyones lawn,but not mine.;-)

My dog looks after the back garden,I look after the front garden (super soaker loaded with a very high concentration of ammonia to water),works wonders,the local dogs have learnt what cats smell of,and know exactly where they are.

One of my cat-loving neighbours saw me doing it to her cat,gobbed of at me,I told her she had a choice,she keeps her cat of my property,or she has a cat smelling of ammonia,or she can have all it's shit back on her lawn,simples!

As you'll have gathered,I'm not a lover of cats,when they start shitting in their own back yards,I might change my mind,until they're 'mobile Davy Crockett Hats' ,and are fair game.

I'm thinking of trying Iodine bombs,I think the blue will look quite nice,on the moggies fur. :muhaha:

Yes dogs, like most social animals of a certain intelligence, will mourn and be obviously effected by the absense of a close member of the pack or family. But they do not 'feel' in the same way that humans do simply because they do not have the intelligence, emotional or otherwise, to do so. Thats not a criticism, I'm a massive fan of dogs, and know that the majority would fight to the death to protect their owners.