Dog in the workplace - insurance

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by sc_obvious, Jan 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've searched the forums with no luck and no one got back to me on the dog owners thread so...

Does anyone know of a pet insurance company that provides 3rd party liability for the workplace ?

2. Try Churchill?
  3. OH YES!
  4. i wouldn't bother. due to some high profile legal action dogs in the workplace are almost certainly going to be universally banned within the next 12 months
  5. Let's hope, eh?
  6. Direct Line. They insure my killer trip hazard for about £8 a month.
  7. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

8. Fookin dogs in the workplace - WHY?

I've had to put up with this nonsnce for 22 years and its about time it bloody stopped.

ME - Boss any chance I can bring my kids into work coz the wife is out at work too.
    BOSS, With big friking doggie who happens to be his'' BABY '' behind his desk - Nah jockmod find a babysitter.

Said mutt then needs to be walked -

BOSS - Pte Jockmod go walk my dog
    ME- Walk it yourself or pay a babysitter Boss

Nuff said.
  9. My insurance is through Morethan and that includes 3rd part insurance, pretty reasonable too.

Dogs in the workplace is a great perk to being in the military, remove it and we are just one step closer to being in the RAF. My dog has never caused any problems at work, and I have never had anyone else walk him or clean up after him, nor do I walk him during work time. If someone has a badly behaved dog then that individual should be banned not a blanket punishment all owners.

Kids would never sit quietly under a desk like my dog so that arguement is flawed.
  10. Because, thankfully, we can and do. That's the difference between military and civilian - long may it remain.
  11. I got mine through these. Recommended by our H&S rep who has two extremely well trained dogs himself.

Very reasonable.
  12. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Maddie has been under my desk for the past 2 years and she hasn't made a peep.
  13. I refer, once again to the above and hope it is the case.

For a start, some dogs smell. Their owners become used to the smell and therefore are unable to smell them. That doesn't mean the rest working in that environment are unable to.

There is no need for anyone to bring a dog to the workplace.
  14. Thanks for the replies so far - you might want to check your policies as I have just checked with both Direct Line and EandL and both said that taking dogs into the workplace invalidates the 3rd party liability cover !
  15. Try NFU Mutual. As far as I am aware, their 3rd party liability covers the workplace.