Dog Handlers, help required

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by ugly, Apr 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Now not knowing where the old RAVC sits under the current system I thought I'd post this here.
    I'm looking for a tracking harness for a search dog. I could buy ones of the internet but as I seem to recall all of them are expensive and too big. I'm looking for the one we used to see the search dogs in Ulster use and I would like one on loan or I'll buy (condition isnt vital) so I can create a pattern for my harness maker.
    There isnt a modern one for sale that comes close to being as good as the issue tissue in my opinion and I need to be able to make it for small spaniels.
    Most commercial harnessess are for HPR types and I want to market one for smaller breeds and I'm sure the issue one is a great starting point!

2. Get a dog safety harness for use in a car, most petshops sell them and use a long nylon rope lead or a horse lead rein, my mate uses them for Husky racing

3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Sorry Tropper but thats a shit solution, I want an army issue harness as the civvy ones are crap even the really well designed and made ones arent a patch on the issue tissue!

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Oh and nylon rope sucks or at least the burns do and horse leads stretch and are too heavy!

5. Hi Ugly

I may well have an old AES harness at home, failing that I 'm sure I've got a civie issue one to the same pattern and of good quality I used on my drugs dog which was a small springer. I'm off at two and will have a look when I get home. If I can hunt one down I'll drop you a PM.

WT

6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Wag tail that would be brilliant thanks

7. Ugly

Managed to find my old police harness, PM sent.

WT

8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Brill I have replied, the pm system is pants on a phone so next pm will have my email adress on it!