Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have wanted to join the Army for as long as I can remember but due to being on antidepressants I have had a 2 year referral and have to wait until June 2021 to reapply. At first I wanted to join the RAMC but after looking at dog handler I have decided that’s exactly what I want to do. I was just wondering if anybody knows what the requirements are to even be considered for this role? If I need to have experience handling dogs before or if I do really well at the assessment centre this will be enough to be noticed. Also what happens in Phase 2 once you have progressed on from basic? Whether you get assigned a dog straight away or if you have to wait until a position becomes available.

Also if anybody has any advice for preparing for basic training i.e. weight training, running etc that would be really appreciated.

The_Duke

LE
All the advice you need for basic training is in the sticky threads at the top of the board. Please use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.