Dog Handler Course

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by leguy, Feb 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm in the RAC (Based in Germany), and will be Going on a Dog handler course within the next few weeks, will be getting JI's soon but i'm eager to know before hand.

Can Any RAVC guru tell me, whether ill be in the UK for this and how long the course is?

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

The course used to be run in both BAOR and the UK. That was a few years ago!
  3. If you goto Melton Mowbray enjoy tubes it's top quality if you go to sennelager (possibly the worst lager in the world) enjoy tingle tangles.
  4. If Melton Mowbray, take TV, dvd Player etc. Good accn, mixed by the way but en suite ablutes!! The course is heavy on theory, so expect to have your brain fried with MLA's and acronyms coming out of your ying yang. The course is enjoyable, but if you get a good 'pool' dog its even better. Its against the rules, but when introduced to the dog have a cookhouse sausage in your pocket. Give him a little bit. Everytime he performs, make a massive fuss of him, and drop him a bit o' snag. It gets him on side quick. Be sparing with the treats though and only use them as a reward, the dog is not your pet he is a tool, to protect you and others.The Baiters course is better, less theory more fun. Dress appropriately for the weather (DUH!) you will be stood around outside or patrolling at a slow pace for hours then running round like a cnut, so be able to don/doff and vent warm kit. Take your day sack with you to the school, which is about a 1k from the Accn. Sorry if I have taught you to suck eggs.
  6. Apparently, they were shit.
  7. Nope no need for an apparently in there, I was being sarcastic, they were indeed shit!
  8. I Gathered mate. Was before my time though. :)
  9. You're making me feel old now, good to here that Tubes is still going though. Some things never change.
  10. And Tubes have got rid of gas lanterns and replaced them with new fangled 'Eleck-tricimity' or some such!! Still not invested in a floor bumper or carpet cleaner though!!
    • Like Like x 1
  12. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

i went on such a course , the dog passed and i failed !!