Dog handler/ combat medical technician

Hi,

I am in the very early stages of the selection process. I am doing my pre selection test on tuesday (1st May).

My first job choice is very much to be a dog handler, my second is to be a combat medical technician. (3rd is Gunner Crewman)

I was just wondering if there any serving soldiers that could give a brief over view of these roles. I've done a lot of research but it would be nice to hear about these particular jobs. Whats the phase 2 training like? Fitness requirements for these roles, if different from other medical/combat roles. Anything else you make think will be of interest/benefit to me.

I'm very excited to hopefully be accepted and to start training. This isn't to say i'm naive. I know that this is going to be ridiculously hard and will test my mental and physical strength. I've never wanted anything so much in my life. To have a career helping/protecting people is everything to me. Thanks guys.

I know exactly what i want.

I am female and after the barb test i was given a list of 30 roles. Veterinary technician wasn't in the list unfortunately. (Not exactly sure why i as i have experience and qualifications to suppor that role) A lot of the 30 roles do not interest me so after researching them all i decide upon dog handler, cmt and gunner crewman.

Well you may know what you want to do, but you have 3 very different roles within the army.
As for Phase 2 training all 3 roles with have very different training.
The one thing they will all have will be keeping up your fitness level before getting to your corps/regiment.

I know exactly what i want.

I am female and after the barb test i was given a list of 30 roles. Veterinary technician wasn't in the list unfortunately. (Not exactly sure why i as i have experience and qualifications to suppor that role) A lot of the 30 roles do not interest me so after researching them all i decide upon dog handler, cmt and gunner crewman.
Have you considered Operating Department Practitioner (ODP)?