Dog Eaters

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Boxy, Nov 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been in the close proximity of 2 Scots for the last wee while now and have heard them being referred to as 'dog eaters' by some of the other battalions but when questioned both members of 2 Scots and the others no one can explain to me as to why, any on here have any explanation?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  2. I will write this here to reserve the 1st answer. When someone with more brains than me writes the proper answer I will edit this post to look like I answered it, and am therefore the most cleverest.
    • Like Like x 6
  3. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Not now :)
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Because they eat dogs?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Good plan!
  6. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Is it because Scotsmen are descended from Koreans?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. It could be because half the adult males in scotland go to Thailand for the winter,where they eat dogs and beast little boys.
  8. I thought it was "Dog Pumpers"?
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Bugger! Beat me to it. You know you'll now get abuse by PM from luring Koreans.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. People from my neck of the woods are referred to as "jam eaters" if that helps?!
  11. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

well at least they aint Monkey Hangers egh ?
    • Like Like x 3
  12. The name derives from an incident in 1958, when the regimental labrador was tragically run over. To show how much he meant to the regiment, the sergeants' mess had him cooked and eaten at a mess dinner, ensuring that 'Mickey' stayed part of the regiment forever.
    • Informative Informative x 1

13. As you are apparently located on the edge of Salisbury Plain and therefore some distance from Jockshire, that's of no help whatsoever. Sorry.
  14. One of the peacekeeping tours in Former Yugoslavia. Callsign ate a dog at one of those village cafes. So the story goes prior to 2001 when i first head them called that.

Their reputation for drinking is well deserved, as is the fitness regime they enjoy daily.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. You have misheard the terminology.

It is actually "Skag Eaters", e.g to stuff ones face with raw heroin as all Jocks are rampant addicts.