Dog/cat sitting/window cleanning/grass cutting allowances

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by BuggerAll, Mar 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I was at Chilwell for a briefing last week and it was mentioned in conversation that there are allowances available for dog/cat sitting, grass cutting, window cleaning and so forth.

Anyone know anything about these as I've just had to pay £180 to have the cats looked after whilst I went on a course because the better half is deployed.
  2. Sure it wasnt a wind up?
  3. BuggerAll

I did wonder, but you know what they say, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.
  4. Is your other half mobilised TA??
  5. It's not a wah....

I was with the RAO of a TA unit recently and this topic was being discussed...

They mentioned grass cutting and also kennel fees for pets... not sure about the window cleaning though!

Best take it up with your admin
  6. Hence the question!
  7. Are you sure you are not getting mixed up with MPs allowances?
  8. Don't know about the TA, but going by experience as a Reg, 5 years ago, Telic 1, when I was on Rear Party, thanks to those Army Medical Services wankers, your Mrs could get her windows cleaned and grass cut if you were deployed.....and she was at home, up the duff.

As for dog and cat sitting? Frank Carson once said, "It's a cracker!!"
  9. BuggerAll

No regular army.

Before taking it up with admin I wanted to see if it was a wah or if there is any mileage in it. It would not be the first time I've been f@cked off at the high port when asking for some thing, only to find years later that there was an entitilment just the sdmin chain did not know about it.
  10. In that case your login name is what you will get!!

Mobilsed TA are looked on on a case by case basis - and have been known to claim all of the above (and more!!)

11. BuggerAll

Long time since I've heard anyone having a pop at medics. You're probably right about them being w@ankers. I don't know why we don't get rid off them and spend the money getting more real soldiers out on the ground.
  12. Perhaps you can:

From: A guide for the families of mobilised members of the Territorial
    Army and the Regular Reserve

Also see:

(Statutory Instrument 2005 No. 859
    The Reserve Forces (Call-out and Recall) (Financial Assistance) Regulations 2005)

Where it states:

13. B_D,,

As I said and you have quoted in your post Mobilised TA can and do claim for some or all of the above, Regulars can not - "one Army concept" works both ways!!

14. BuggerAll

I was being sarcastic. Wee Mouflon (ie Mrs BuggerAll) is currently saving lives in the sandpit and I'm also an AMS W@nker.