Does you car pull left or right and no bugger can sort it?

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by Blogg, Feb 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well here, is the solution to my problem!

New tyres fitted and car started pulling left. Suggested by a dealer mechanic I took it to the lot who are linked below.

Problem solved for a few quid. I had always wondered why new tyres come with coloured lines on them!

New Tyres and their Markings.... - Wheels-InMotion

2. I was always told that the car was set to drift to the left, so that if you fell asleep or passed out. The car would drift off to the left, hit the rubble strips which would wake you or you would go off into the verge. All this rather than drifting into oncoming traffic.

3. Those in most cases tracking and/or alignment is the issue.

• Like Like x 1
  4. So if you nod off in the second overtaking lane of a three-lane motorway you'll drift under a woofer? Smashing.

5. I'm just saying what I was told, though I do agree with you about being on a motorway. I suppose at that tender age I believed anything I was told by my instructors. Although driving a FFR lightweight down the A1 and having to turn the wheel both directions just to keep it in a straight line should have told me it was another army myth.

6. Should I reverse everywhere while I'm in mainland Europe? :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sure you weren't driving a NASCAR?

8. No. Just drive on the proper side of the road :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. From Wiki:

Rumble strips, also known as sleeper lines, are a road safety feature that alert inattentive drivers to potential danger by causing a tactile vibration and audible rumbling, transmitted through the wheels into the car body. A rumble strip is usually either applied in the direction of travel along an edge- or centreline, to alert drivers when they drift from their lane, or in a series across the direction of travel, to warn drivers of a stop ahead or nearby danger spot. In favourable circumstances, rumble strips are effective (and cost-effective) at reducing accidents due to inattention. The effectiveness of shoulder rumble strips is largely dependent on a wide stable shoulder for a recovery.

10. Read again FSJ.

11. OIC! :-D

12. Road camber as well cos those twats who resurface can get **** all level

13. Wah.

14. Double Bollocks :crash:

15. OP:Buy a proper car. I bet you have some French bollocks or a product of VAG Shite.

The SauceDoctor prescribes a Rover.