Does this support these specs?

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by Knightwars4, Nov 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

you might struggle on the graphics front. you dont specify which Radeon you need.

2. Fixed it. Cheers for pointing it out.

3. Mind you, how badly will I suffer?

4. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

the laptop has a 5450, which in theory meets it...however, the mobility gfx chipsets are sometimes lacking the oomph of their full size versions. and the minimum specs for a given piece of software can often be a little, shall we say 'optimistic'. what is it you want to run on this laptop particularly?

5. I want to run a video game called Diablo 3 on it. I also may use it as a student for Word etc etc.

6. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

laptops arent ideal for gaming imho.

7. The other half has an Alienware thing, he seems to manage ok

8. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

I imagine that will be a custom gaming rig that weighs a ton, cost four figures and gives him a lot less flexibility than even a cheap desktop gaming rig. ;)

9. I think it was specifically for WOW needs. The dirty pasty faced ginger freak.

10. Eye no. But I can't get anything those specs for under £550.

11. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

if it's really got to be a laptop tried the dell outlet? or Morgan?

12. If you want a very high end laptop that will do just about anything I would say Sager would fit the bill - dual SLI - even RAID array of you want - rather large though - and heavy - but it will be compensated by the huge amount of money you loose from your pocket - the one I have I bought at least 4 years ago and is still the fastest thing around set me back about 4k (US) I know, mad moments and corporate bonuses seldom
    Mix well

13. Have a squizz at overclockers.com

14. Can laptops even be over clocked?