Does this mean a spate of Gulf War II films?

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by PartTimePongo, Mar 25, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I was wondering the same, it takes a while for the movies to come out, a sort of 'period of mourning' + making sure we get it right.

If I recall Mash was as near as the Yanks got to Vietnam when it was on (e.g. setting it in Korea twenty years earlier).

I think John Wayne did that Green Berets thing during 1965-1975 period but we had to wait until the eighties for Platoon, Hamburger Hill etc.

GW1 was a bit quicker but quite limited in scope.

I also guess all the GW2 kit is still being used and not yet available to Hollywood movie makers.

2. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

3. I have heard only good things about Gunner palace. Unfortunatly it doesn't seem to be out here yet and being one of those minority interest things I doubt it'll have a cinema release.

So my soloution came to risk the wrath of various killer entertainment industries (as this seems to be independant I think myself safte) and I downloaded it.

To my dismay (papa the git just laughed at me on msn) I found my long waited download of Gunners palace was in fact 2 hours of amateur beastiality.

My lesson was learned. Those cunning cunning entertainment gurus.

As to other films not of a documentary nature, as gunners palace is, I'd say it can only be a good thing hopefully showing the military in a good light (uh oh) and as long as it doesn't get edited so the US took and held and policed Basra by themselves whilst the mean evil British company strength detachment and their patrol boat refused to help as we're european etc.

Oh and the British CO turns out to be the evil mastermind behind the cunnign gold theft from the Basra First Bank.

4. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

excuses, excuses.

5. What the hell? When is this due out in England, and isnt a little to early, for Gulf 2 movies, we rarely see any 91 videos

Cheers 2 CB

6. Gulf 91 films?

I think 3 Kings and the Meg Ryan Helo pilot film were it weren't they?

7. Wasnt there a 'real life' film about the reporters in Iraq? Forget which one though.

8. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

B20 (both versions)

Manchurian candidate - sort of