Does this Man run a Crime gang?

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
762baynet said:
As someone else has posted, how on earth can this be 'serious organised crime'? Such a law should relate to..... well exactly as it says but surely not protests..... for fux ache.
According to this goverment, any dissent is serious and criminal, and if there is any degree of planning it becomes organised. Therefore the KGb .......sorry, police , are called upon to quash it immediately. The Chairman of the Party.........sorry, Prime Minister, and Interior Minister are concerned that the people may realise that the special lanes for ministers to drive in, special shops, special dispensations on travel and 'extra' allowances may be thought of as privileged, should they become public, therefore Pravda..........sorry, The Times does not reveal them.

I may be paranoid, but I could be right.

I think the 'logic' runs as follows:

"We don't like people doing this, therefore it must be illegal. In order to protest, they must be Organised and we're certainly Serious about stopping them."

old_fat_and_hairy said:
762baynet said:
As someone else has posted, how on earth can this be 'serious organised crime'? Such a law should relate to..... well exactly as it says but surely not protests..... for fux ache.
According to this goverment, any dissent is serious and criminal, and if there is any degree of planning it becomes organised. Therefore the KGb .......sorry, police , are called upon to quash it immediately. The Chairman of the Party.........sorry, Prime Minister, and Interior Minister are concerned that the people may realise that the special lanes for ministers to drive in, special shops, special dispensations on travel and 'extra' allowances may be thought of as privileged, should they become public, therefore Pravda..........sorry, The Times does not reveal them.

I may be paranoid, but I could be right.[/quote]

Don't worry, mate: anyone who is'nt paranoid has'nt been paying attention... :evil:

rebel_with_a_cause said:
Its the Gobments way of dealing with any critisism, just as not calling an election for fear of losing reflects the inherent weakness of Neu Liarbour. The police are increasingly being used to enforce party policy rather than the law of the land.
Now,where have we seen that before...........

Uncle Joe Stalin, springs to mind as a role model.

Besides the whole ethos of this Gobmint is to have a new law rather than solve a problem.

There was probably a Serious & Organised Crime bill going through and they thought "where shall we hide this away from prying eyes? Oh. I know". Making peaceful protest a serious organised crime.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
over_the_hill said:
There was probably a Serious & Organised Crime bill going through and they thought "where shall we hide this away from prying eyes? Oh. I know". Making peaceful protest a serious organised crime.
Very soon, anything will be a 'serious and organised crime'. Putting out wrong rubbish, not filling in the 53 questions that the Inerior Ministry rquire before one can leave the country. Anything can be lumped into this category, if the Praesidium declare it so.

It is actually the 'Serious Organised Crime and Police Act (SOCPA)' and, although I only have a passing knowledge of it, appears to be a catchall law similar to Section 69 of the Army Act.

I must admit being very surprised to read recently in the local paper that a single demonstrator (rent a cause are very strong down here) had been arrested under SOCPA and my sentiments were the same as most other posters on this site.

Sadly, the official opposition is a) too power-hungry itself and b) runs scared of the tabloid 'baying for blood' headlines to ever stage a worthwhile challenge to this authoritarianism.

No-one is speaking for our freedom - we just have separate groups of professional politicians intent on trying to get us to behave how they think we should.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
exile 1 is closer to the truth than is comfortable. This is the most corrupt and inefficient government since the civil war.
No honour displayed by anyone, micr-management by the leader, a huge cult of personality, rewards for loyalty, and enforcers who will punish any recidivist.

theiftaker said:
Not a fan of Mark Thomas by any stretch of the imagination, but he's spot on with what he thinks about this law, have a look at his web site it's quite interesting but he's still a tit.
He's a smug git and could do with laying off those who are just doing their job, but his brand of political activism is pretty much spot on. He points out that we the taxpayer are paying to have our rights suppressed, we're offsetting arms deals helping genocidal nations and so on. The government have continually tried to smear him, but he's a clever f***er. I hope him and Rob Newman keep it up for a lot longer.

Latest Threads