Does the TA comprimise your Artistic Integrity?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by The_Viper, Oct 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just the other week I found myself, sweating away, on a CFT when we passed some beautiful Begonia type flowers. (Although they can't have been Begonias as the soil was far to sandy, and as we all know Begonias love hummous rich soil.) It was early in the morning and the petals were glistening with dew - shimmering with liquid diamonds in the sunrays.

Along with every other thinking, feeling, man there i was obviously keen to stop and admire them, perhaps to whip out my watercolours, perhaps compose a short rhyming couplet, but the PTI wallah was extreemely keen for us all to keep going. This got me thinking have you ever found your Artistic being straightjacketed by the Army? Should there be more room for free artistic expression?
  2. 8O You're a homo
  3. Now I am laughing. First the exellent p1ss taking post (I hope! 8O ).... and the classic reply :lol:
  4. And then there was the time when I suggested to the Sgt that it would be more in touch with his real self if he were to stand heroically legs akimbo when giving suggestions (=orders)....He looked at me strangely.
  5. I don't know if it does. I remember looking up at the stars on a clear blue night on SENTA , thinking how lucky I was to be able to gaze upon this bejewelled magnificence and have the Army pay me for it too.

Unfortunately , my reverie was brutally interrupted by some uncouth soul inviting me, in frankly harsh tones to "GET SOME F*CKING FIRE DOWN!"

6. Viper, I completely agree. I just don't get why this RSM guy I know is always so angry. Next time I see him, I will have to tell him to push out the hate and embrace the love. We all need self-hugs.
  7. I'm not sure that it does compromise any artistic leanings. Similar to PTP, I was admiring the beautiful architecture of Eastmere village, and was moved to write a thesis on neo-classical fibua design. A rousing piece I must admit, and I am very tempted to submit it to RIBA for inclusion in their architectural journal.

If anyone shares my love of pitted blockwork, please feel free to swap photos and memories of such beautiful masonic delights.

I've just made myself all moist.

8. Glad so many of you agree. I think there has to be a call for Group Hugs as an SOP.

Embrace 1-2-3
    Squeeze 1-2-3

All those that agree, and there must be many post to;
  9. Got some great photos of various bits of the world at the most unlikely times of the day.
  10. I do actually have a couple of watercolour sketches done from the back of my relay in germany, they are in fact quite crap but in my defence my heater was on the blink
  11. "RSM, Sir, the word "please" would not go amiss."
  12. But surely you can express your artistic abilities to you hearts content Monday through Friday as you are a mere civvy and practice your substandard soldiering on a weekend?
  13. Do 21(TA) SAS feel this way?
  14. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Of course 21 are more artistic than most - at risk of a great Wah!, they are the Artist's Rifles......
  15. As opposed to being substandard mid-week, D-B?