Does the RAF regiment have a future?

Anyway, don't the useless RAF Regt tossers also moonlight as CP with the MERT teams?

Fcuking steady on ACAB! That's a bit harsh! You are such an urbane, relaxed sort of cove normally. Has someone upset you?

Need to talk about it?

Fcuking steady on ACAB! That's a bit harsh! You are such an urbane, relaxed sort of cove normally. Has someone upset you?

Need to talk about it?
That was tongue in cheek Dave, I have the greatest respect for all the guys and galls on the MERT Teams.

Even the RockApes

Someones got to man the beaches in Cyprus.

The did a very good job of it up until about 95 when the Army said they could do it and 34 Sqn came back home.

Anyhow, with all the corporate mergers of the past decade or so, isn't the RAF Regiment one of the oldest and most senior regiments now?? Justin Bieber is older than most regiments now...

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Anyhow, with all the corporate mergers of the past decade or so, isn't the RAF Regiment one of the oldest and most senior regiments now?? Justin Bieber is older than most regiments now...
Ok I'll take one for the team and bite.

Do be a love and **** off.

The suggestion here, He said it, not me is that the Army transfers some personnel to the RAF Regiment. For those with long memories, many RAF Regiment personnel were transferred (back?) to the Army, especially post D Day to make up the numbers. And of course, there were the occasions in North Africa when RAF Regiment and Royal Artillery fought shoulder to shoulder. And the grey areas, especially around Meiktila (excuse spelling) when it was one huge RAF Regiment/Army bitchfest against the Japanese. Despite these great examples of co-operation, I can't see the Army being happy about losing blokes to the RAF Regiment, assuming of course they'll be able to hack it in their new units.....
Incoming!

Last edited:
I can't see the Army happy about losing blokes to the RAF Regiment, assuming of course they'll be able to hack it in their new units.....
That is definitely worth a funny, however I've already given a like for the rest of the post.
Stretching my memory back to a rather long time ago, I seem to remember that the RAF Regt was created out of the Army originally circa 1940. The business of swapping backwards and forwards seems like an exersize in robbing Peter to pay Paul and vice versa.
I reckon that the Rocks do have a future, or do we no longer need airfield defence and someone to teach the 'Guins to shoot?