Does the RAF regiment have a future?

Boxy

GCM
Looks nothing like the mud guards that every one else use.
Mudguards are so last year, AIUI this is the new style in line with the FCF

1412F64B-A32B-4DCD-9A34-4A91C88FD7EF.jpeg

Well that's where we part the ways, your definition of banter & mine are chalk & cheese. Banter has an element of fun about it, a constant river of utter bollox that would be at home in any primary school playground is not. Hiding behind a keyboard is about as brave as it get for you son.

RAF Regt: We're part of the "big three" along with the Paras and Marines! We stand toe-to-toe with them and tell them what we did on our last day!

Everyone else: no you're not, and no you don't

RAF Regt: *tears, tantrums, toys out of pram*

MPGS don't get the mockery because they don't make overblown, grandiose claims about themselves, RAF Regt should take a page from their book.

RAF Regt: We're part of the "big three" along with the Paras and Marines! We stand toe-to-toe with them and tell them what we did on our last day!

Everyone else: no you're not, and no you don't

RAF Regt: *tears, tantrums, toys out of pram*

MPGS don't get the mockery because they don't make overblown, grandiose claims about themselves, RAF Regt should take a page from their book.
RAF Regt insecurity is something to behold.

Kefi

On ROPS
On ROPs
I did not bother to watch it, obvs. But the implication of the post is that this was an assignment of much significance. (There is a 50% chance that ‘operator’ was used, however) :)

Thats your MOO, imply your agenda without proof or reason, if you just say it enough times it must be true.

RAF Regt insecurity is something to behold.

There is not even such a thing as "the big three". It's something they simply made up to claim to be a part of!

Ultimately it's this desperation to be liked and respected that results in them getting neither. I don't think their defenders on here realise they're a part of that.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Mudguards are so last year, AIUI this is the new style in line with the FCF

View attachment 683364
These are still classed as "suggested."

If and when the whole FCF gels and operates I guess we'll see what the final design looks like, but I'll guess that RM will have a fair say in how they look.

There is not even such a thing as "the big three". It's something they simply made up to claim to be a part of!

Ultimately it's this desperation to be liked and respected that results in them getting neither. I don't think their defenders on here realise they're a part of that.
Being called the "Short Range Desert Group", and certain individuals allegedly shooting up their own osprey, certainly hasn't helped their reputation. Nor, come to that, has the "5 miles of Death".

Last edited:

Garminalpha84

Old-Salt
Being called the "Short Range Desert Group", and certain individuals allegedly shooting up their own osprey, certainly hasn't helped their reputation. Nor, come to that, has the "5 miles of Death".
Indeed so, however there’s lots of similar and worse examples in the army, even to the point of manslaughter

Stan_Deesey

War Hero

And the six hour shoot! Remember that they do a six hour shoot on the range right after the Five Miles of Death. Give ´em their due. :)

Well that's a fair point & the crux of why there is so much ''visceral'' (relating to deep inward feelings rather than to the intellect) feelings on here about what the Regt is capable of & qualified to do. The Regt is in essence the RAF's insurance policy, something that they hope is never needed, because if it is then it means things have gone badly wrong (talking in general terms). That said historically the Regt's record proves its more than capable of doing its core role of closing with & killing EF. This site is a bastion of ignorance & outright stupidity that is supported by some of the moderators who actively encourage & endorse attacks on the RAF Regiment. I'm waiting for any of the attached army, RM or Para Regt guys who have worked closely with the Regt ether at our training units on Sqns or on Op's to back up any of the utter garbage spouted on here. They are in a position to condone or condemn & can give details, names, dates & locations. Don't hold your breath as they to a man come away from there time with the Regt with nothing but respect. Don't listen to the bitter & twisted ignorant has beens on here, they are toxic key board warriors that would never vent their bile in a face to face situation, cowards to a man & a disgrace to the uniforms they once or still wear.

Where is @Bravo_Bravo ,s crying baby meme when you need it.