Does the RAF regiment have a future?

Mickey West

Old-Salt
On further reflection, that parachutist is suspended beneath a non-operational ParaCommander sport parachuting canopy

Of the type used only by the RAF Falcons.
And there was me thinking that the RAF Regiment’s abusive relationship with the truth was a recent phenomenon.

They clearly have decades of experience of over-compensating for being the Army’s whipped, ginger, acne ridden, bastard step child. With a speech impediment.

Spot the mistake …… what a bunch of cvnts.
Spot the 'pose' by a downed (UK?) Tornado.

Another bunch of cvunts.

You are supposed to 'pose' on enemy kit, not ours you bunch of twats.

HON-OFFICIAL-1 Sqn-Gulf War-10.jpg

Last edited:

syrup

LE
I can only hope that thats not the GR4 that was blue on blue with 2 aircrew killed

Wasn't the GR4 shoot down during the early days of Telic

I know they claim to have gone in on Granby but I didn't think they went in on Telic having last CVRT in the 90's

Mickey West

Old-Salt

I know they claim to have gone in on Granby but I didn't think they went in on Telic having last CVRT in the 90's
They were on Telic. You’ll find various exaggerated and, in some cases, downright fabrication of what they did, but basically they were stagging on, freeing up trained soldiers for combat ops/tasks.

And they weren’t armoured.

iirc a GR4 was lost to yank AA missile early start of shock and awe, the regts pr machine claimed 20% 0f the raf on granby was regt despite only being 2% of the raf, i supppose that could have included the shorad sqn the yanks funded 66 sqn from west ranyham

I really dont mind the raf regt, i mean, if they got disabanded, who do you think will get pinged to stag on at airfields in future? No, keep the RAF Regt because if they are not around, we would have to do it instead and lifes boring enough.

Mickey West

Old-Salt
iirc a GR4 was lost to yank AA missile early start of shock and awe, the regts pr machine claimed 20% 0f the raf on granby was regt despite only being 2% of the raf, i supppose that could have included the shorad sqn the yanks funded 66 sqn from west ranyham
The vast majority stagging on in Bahrain and KSA.

In the UK ok but not on ops, i honestly dont get why everyone wants the RAF Regt to be disbanded, somebody still has to do their job, as boring and dull as it might be and as long as that lot are doing it, it means the army and the RM don't have to do it so whats the problem?

Getting rid of the RAF Regt means that their shitty job will have to be done by others so let them stay and we can continue to laugh at them while we get to do the more ally jobs like washing vehicles, stagging on at FOB's for 6 months and occasionally going on ops to fight medieval farmers and islamists and not even get any battle honours for the colours for doing so.

Incidentally, i wonder do the raf regt have any battle honours on their colours?

Incidentally, i wonder do the raf regt have any battle honours on their colours?
No, apparently not. They haven’t even got the common sense to have a reversible Colour! Twats.

Attachments

• F8710B9B-D9BA-45C6-BEA6-70E57433D5A0.png
    F8710B9B-D9BA-45C6-BEA6-70E57433D5A0.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
No, apparently not. They haven’t even got the common sense to have a reversible Colour! Twats.

In the interests of military pedantry... I expect what you have pictured is the Queen's Colour for the RAF Regt. If there are no battle honours, it's probably because they haven't deployed as a whole formation. However, the individual Squadrons have Standards and some of those have battle honours on.

In the UK ok but not on ops, i honestly dont get why everyone wants the RAF Regt to be disbanded, somebody still has to do their job, as boring and dull as it might be and as long as that lot are doing it, it means the army and the RM don't have to do it so whats the problem?

Getting rid of the RAF Regt means that their shitty job will have to be done by others so let them stay and we can continue to laugh at them while we get to do the more ally jobs like washing vehicles, stagging on at FOB's for 6 months and occasionally going on ops to fight medieval farmers and islamists and not even get any battle honours for the colours for doing so.

Well back on early HERRICKs we used locals in green DPM and armed with AKs and PKs to guard Lashkar Gah. They rejoiced in the name Afghan Service Guard (or Afghan Guard Service, I forget), pretty insane when you think about but could be a working model for the future if our allies are slightly less suss.

HE117

LE
Well back on early HERRICKs we used locals in green DPM and armed with AKs and PKs to guard Lashkar Gah. They rejoiced in the name Afghan Service Guard (or Afghan Guard Service, I forget), pretty insane when you think about but could be a working model for the future if our allies are slightly less suss.
This was "the British Way" for the past couple of hundred years.. Worked fine, and you could build an empire on the back of it!

In the interests of military pedantry... I expect what you have pictured is the Queen's Colour for the RAF Regt. If there are no battle honours, it's probably because they haven't deployed as a whole formation. However, the individual Squadrons have Standards and some of those have battle honours on.
The question was about Colours. Oh, and the thread is about the SRDPG. Sorry, I couldn’t be arrsed to google sundry other flags waved by the Crabs from time to time.

Latest Threads