Does the RAF regiment have a future?

Jesus H Christ, patent leather shoes?

Have been issue for RAF Mess Dress for more than 25 years.

G4Star

On ROPS
On ROPs
RAF Regiment to be renamed RAF Regiment Squadron.
Officers ranks will reflect this as head of the Squadron will be a Squadron Leader hence forth.
Other ranks will be led by a Flight Sergeant of the newly named WO (Squadron WO).
Service will be for 9/15/22 or 37 years & if you leave you are guaranteed a position in the MPGS.

Slime

LE
Because he is not in the Army and gets to decide for himself rather than be screamed at?

Interesting :)
So what’s the deal with beards in the RAF.
Can literally anyone just decide to grow one without asking permission from anyone, no matter what their rank?

Slime

LE

It does seem odd to allow beards but then again, why not?

I can’t be bothered to read up on rules, the question only needed a simple answer :)

Can an airman who perhaps just forgot to shave in the morning tell the SWO he decided to grow a beard that morning if the SWO asks why the airman didn’t shave?

Interesting :)
So what’s the deal with beards in the RAF.
Can literally anyone just decide to grow one without asking permission from anyone, no matter what their rank?

In these woke times, I can't imagine any RAF CO will refuse the application to grow a beard.

Ding Dong!

Old-Salt
I can’t be bothered to read up on rules, the question only needed a simple answer :)

Can an airman who perhaps just forgot to shave in the morning tell the SWO he decided to grow a beard that morning if the SWO asks why the airman didn’t shave?
No, need to fill in the form and get the approval before stubble growing can commence, probably to stop exactly the scenario that you mention.

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
Is it full sets only or are saucy Van Dycks and goatees in the frame as well?

Slime

LE
No, need to fill in the form and get the approval before stubble growing can commence, probably to stop exactly the scenario that you mention.

So, he can’t decide for himself.
It would have seemed odd for that to be the case, as it seems the long standing rules for beards in the police and RN already work quite well.

Of course, if you are a Prince it seems you can make up your own rules :)

Slime

LE
In these woke times, I can't imagine any RAF CO will refuse the application to grow a beard.

What made me smile was the thought that anyone could grow one.
I can think of a few fairly butch RAF girls who could have been tops in the station beard growing competition :)

No matter what new rules come in, some wag will always say the RAF was doomed once brown dust coats went out of fashion :)

RAF Regiment to be renamed RAF Regiment Squadron.
Officers ranks will reflect this as head of the Squadron will be a Squadron Leader hence forth.
Other ranks will be led by a Flight Sergeant of the newly named WO (Squadron WO).
Service will be for 9/15/22 or 37 years & if you leave you are guaranteed a position in the MPGS.
Will members of the RAF Regiment Squadron still call it “the Corps”?

Latest Threads