Does the RAF regiment have a future?

I was thinking of this recently, what will the point of the RAF regt post herrick? As it's already fairly limited! Will they really have much to do as cbrn front runners!?

I was thinking of this recently, what will the point of the RAF regt post herrick? As it's already fairly limited! Will they really have much to do as cbrn front runners!?
Is it that time of the year again? They'll be staying, the RAF would rather have them than a promise from the army. Glad that's sorted.

Is it that time of the year again? They'll be staying, the RAF would rather have them than a promise from the army. Glad that's sorted.
The Army is where the Rocks came from!
As long as the RAF has airfields, then an airfield defence force will be necessary, apart from which someone has to train the 'Guins in weapon handling and NBC.

Blimey! It's the season for 'em, isn't it? Is it the cold snap that brings them out?

And given that there'll only be about half a dozen airfields - entirely stagged by 'guins? I'd give the Rocks a slimmer chance of surviving the next decade than Stephen Hawking surviving a free fall course.

A bit like the promise the yanks will always be our mates and the French will lend us a carrier.

I wouldn't put it passed them. Especially if it's a choice between a fast jet at Lossiemouth or 400 jobs.

You want to join a sexy regiment with lots of guns, but are obese, and the local airsoft team has declined your membership, and are alergic to sleeping outside in the cold, and range stew makes you all sick, then there is a place for you.

C

cloudbuster

If the Regiment is disbanded it'll be one short step to having the Service subsumed. Besides, who would they get to do the comedy silent drill routine?

The RAF will soon have fewer bodies than the Spacies.

Before we go any further can I be the first to introduce the key words required - for the hard of thinking arrse members - for any discussion on the RAF Regiment. They are:

EFI (it won't guard itself)
Oakleys
Osprey
Barrier up.. etc
Battle of Bastion
Paradigm Hut
Pizza Hut
5-mile march of death

I think that covers the main points.

Carry on. Fecktard will be along shortly with some words of wisdom....

You are way behind the drag curve CB. They number over 41K to circa 33K regular RAF.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm very impressed with the 'What's New' format which has replaced 'Last 50'. Clearly it has some interactive capability and a high intelligence:

Attachments

Quite right, Dave. My mistake. Roll-on 23:59, 31-Mar-18.

I know - it'll be quite a party won't it! Any ideas of the RAF experiment coming to an end won't survive contact with the Army top brass, who are thankfully still as stupid as they were 100 years ago.... ;o)

Before we go any further can I be the first to introduce the key words required - for the hard of thinking arrse members - for any discussion on the RAF Regiment. They are:

EFI (it won't guard itself)
Oakleys
Osprey
Barrier up.. etc
Battle of Bastion
Paradigm Hut
Pizza Hut
5-mile march of death

I think that covers the main points.

Carry on. Fecktard will be along shortly with some words of wisdom....
You forgot blowing half your mate's liver off with a 9mm round while playing cowboy quick draw with your pistols.

You forgot blowing half your mate's liver off with a 9mm round while playing cowboy quick draw with your pistols.

Pray tell - this news has not reached my frozen wasteland of a location. Have a couple of chimps been duelling?

C

cloudbuster

I know - it'll be quite a party won't it! Any ideas of the RAF experiment coming to an end won't survive contact with the Army top brass, who are thankfully still as stupid as they were 100 years ago.... ;o)
What, like Regiment officers out hunting primates, in the dark?

Latest Threads