does the R.A.C still use B.A.T.C.O.

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by sideshowbob, Aug 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Remember the days sat in a box trying to decipher it . Up the signals.up the K.R.H

2. Yes, and chariots!

3. send key setting over

4. I would be delighted to stick somethng up the KRH, suggestions in BATCO please!

5. 6B UTS k

6. Oh drop the bomb!!!! that was brave .p.s batco was not on my predictive text

7. Now what the **** are you talking about. You appear to have developed a code all of your own.

8. Some here may remember that pre- BATCO, there was MAPCO and SLIDEX. This doubled the possibilities that you didn't have a ******* clue what you were doing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. The slidex cursers burnt well, stunk the cv out though.

10. Yes it's called 'TWATCO'

11. TA Sigs in the 80's and BATCO was just a chuffin hassle. We used plain language whenever possible and gave Grobendonk the finger with clansman on full power! Trouble was we got a load of radio hams doing morse and interfereing. I often wonder if the morse buggered up our sigs being picked up by Grobendonk?

12. We're still taught it as fall-back for when secure Bowman goes tits up. I'm surprised, therefore, that we don't use it more.

13. Probably like chunkie says it is hassle.but it's good to have a secure back up.

14. And Griddle.

15. And super griddle...