Does the army still charge CILOCT

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Tehotherhalf, Mar 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi
    Does the army still charge CILOCT for married unacc soljas,I knew it was a very low charge 3 yrs ago but I need to know because I am about to pick up an old battle with my local council again.

They charge me full uk council tax and wont give me a discount when i tell them I live alone (hubby posted overseas).They say that my uk address is his main residence when im damn sure it isnt as he is a serving soldier living in barracks posted in Germany.If its his main residence then why isnt he sleeping here every night :)

Stupid local MP agreed with councils decision too.

A 25% discount is worth fighting for in my opinion.

edited...nevermind damn council still say NO was worth phoning up again.
  2. yes they charge CILOCT on us all (Less under 18s and Northen Ireland until Aug07)
  3. TOH,

Had the same battle a couple of years ago with South Staffs council and lost. I was out of ammo and down to my last cheese sandwich when I raised the white flag. Money grabbing t*ssers.

4. Why dont you say that you are seperated?
    If you dont then claim any more benefits then surely that will lower your council tax.

I know its not the point, but it may save you money.
  5. This doesn't make sense to me. Instead of you taking it up with the council to get your 25% discount I think that your hubsand should be taking it up with his RAO to stop paying ciloct.

I am married unacc in UK and I don't pay ciloct to the Army.