does the army help RBL Clubs with repairs

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by nrbl, Aug 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am a secretary of a RBL Club and in the present climate finding finance very hard. One of the members claims he has been told that Army tradesmen can assist with repairs, maintainance etc. Could anyone out there tell me if this is true or not
  2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

You might want to post this in the Sapper area as they are the ones who would know.
  3. msr

msr LE

4. nrbl,

The short answer is no.

RBL Clubs are separate from the branches and are run as businesses, why on earth do you think you can get military manpower?
  5. I don't see why not, it's surely up to CO's discretion, as long as there are no extra costs to the tax payer and nobody profits directly. Sappers have sandbagged plenty of commercial properties to save them from flood damage and how many KAPE or Band events involve some other bugger coining in an admission fee? Just ask.
  6. So far the Club has sent over 15,000 boxes out to Iraq and Afghanistan since the first gulf war. It also raises aprox £40,000 for the poppy appeal over the year and also for the help the hero fund. We could of course use this money on the club but we are a Royal British Legion Club and think the money raised should go to help the forces.