Does the Army give you Pilot lessons on the cheap even if you are not AAC?

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
So you think the Army (the cash strapped, making people redundant, sub-contracting everything out to save costs Army) is going to spend many, many thousands of pounds teaching you to fly for fun?

Really?

REALLY??

Unless you are going to be a pilot, forget it.

But you cand do a gliders licence pretty cheaply. After that you could use your ILCs and ELCs to offset teh cost of training.

So you're not going to join for reasons of duty, service or self-fulfillment? Just what you can get on the cheap? Tell you what, go away and have a think, then come back with a less insulting view of the services.

I got flying lessons for free. They didn't however involved flying the plane. I was told to jump out the door and hope my canopy opens then pilot that down to the ground.

No Dale. Do not type something nasty. Don't do it. Just don't.

I thought you wanted to join the RAF? Perhaps it's time you decided what you want to do after some research.
I am researching and having a think about things. I don't particularly want to join infantry, I was just using it as an example.

So you think the Army (the cash strapped, making people redundant, sub-contracting everything out to save costs Army) is going to spend many, many thousands of pounds teaching you to fly for fun?

Really?

REALLY??

Unless you are going to be a pilot, forget it.
I'd pay them obviously. Just wondered if you got a discount.

No need for that pal.

I went to University for a bit and didnt get round to it. I like the idea of engineering but I don't really have the skills for it if I'm honest mate.

But you cand do a gliders licence pretty cheaply. After that you could use your ILCs and ELCs to offset teh cost of training.
Thanks for the info.

So you're not going to join for reasons of duty, service or self-fulfillment? Just what you can get on the cheap? Tell you what, go away and have a think, then come back with a less insulting view of the services.
I've wanted to join for years it's my dream to find a purpose. I'm a little muddled as to what I should do so just having a think about things.

It looks like I won't be able to be a pilot and I was just enquiring if there's any chance down the road they offer you any discounts with that stuff. I can't even drive let alone fly yet lol.

Does the Army offer pilot courses on the cheap for regular infantry soldiers?

I appreciate your help.
It does.......................... pile it 'ere, pile it there................................

imagesCALWMLAY.jpg

If it makes you feel any better OP, I have an old flame who was a pilot before she left 6th form... Paid for herself, now she flys commercial wide bodies. She always wanted to do that (fcuk knows why).

You could just get a job, and do it that way. Pick a degree course that will help you, aeronautical engineering for example. OU do lots of short courses, such as 'understanding the weather'. I did that, and suddently my hikes got more 'interesting' for the people I inflict them on and my Sailing got a little better.

I would say join the Uni Air Sqn of the RAF, but if you are a genetic mutant and too tall for the bang seat and defective eyes I don't think they will let you glide. You could try on pprune.

You could join the ATC, they might give you a gliders licence. Build up from there.

When I was in the RAF, both RAF Cranwell and the RHA would provide riding instruction either FoC or at modest cost.
Sounds only fair that Army guys should get cheap flying lessons :)

Yay!!! Disco is up!!!!

Make it go away please.

Just looked out the window and spotted a pig flying in the distance, so I think you might be alright.

If that's not a decent indicator, just tip up on day 1, week 1 of basic and let them know what you want, I'm sure your Plt Sgt might give you some flying lessons back out the door.

If you qualify for Enhanced Learning Credits the answer is yes. You can do PPL or NPPL with any ELC registered provider and your contribution will be 20% of the cost. Am currently running a unit flying club so PM me for details if you like.

B

Biscuits_AB

Does the Army offer pilot courses on the cheap for regular infantry soldiers?

It certainly does. And it's not a grant, it's an entitlement, so if they try ******* you off just remind them of that. They'll soon back down when faced with your overwhelming level of knowledge.

Latest Threads