Does TA recieve ELCAS

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by sgt_jacko, Jan 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Would Like to say a new Hello! (wish I found this site years ago)
    Ex reg R.signals
    Current TA RAMC CMT.
    Civvi Doctor of Science.

    Greetings over. My apologies I'm a straight to the point northerner. None of us like to 'faff' around were here for a reason.

    Does the TA get Enhanced Learning credits they are for the Armed Forces do we count?

    Copy from website
    The MoD's Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme (ELC) is an initiative to promote lifelong learning amongst members of the Armed Forces. The ELC scheme provides financial support in the form of a single up-front payment in each of a maximum of three separate financial years. You are reminded that ELC funding is only available for pursuit of higher level learning i.e. for courses that result in a nationally recognised qualification at Level 3 or above on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) (England and Wales), a Level 6 or above on the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) or, if pursued overseas, an approved international equivalent qualification.

    Kind regards.
  2. msr

    msr LE


    And I am not bitter about this :roll:

    The one army concept is just that - a concept ;)

  3. Many many thankyou's for reply. Straight forward.

    Guess I'll have to do it though Ex service.

    FOR EX Reg's You can still claim ELCAS

    ''Please note this page contains the guidance notes for claimants who are no longer in Service. Once eligible to claim you may submit a claim up until 10 years after you leave the service. Personnel who are still in Service, and/or in their resettlement phase, should refer to their Education Staff and the guidance on the main pages of the website''.

    As a service leaver you may be eligible to claim under the joint funding initiative
  4. Actually yes, but the credits on rack up for time served on Ops or FTRS.
  5. Welcome to Arrse Sgt_Jacko and welcome to the Arrse answering service you'll get plenty of answers, none of which will answer your question! In the end you will just have to ask someone else( in the real world).
  6. I'll keep an open mind!

    Many thanks for replies.
  7. Eh? Yeah ask someone in the real world, as they won't even understand the flippin question. The ARRSE rumour mill is normally months ahead of the truth in the real world
  8. msr

    msr LE

    Reference please!
  9. It's true,

    Paragraph 10 of 2008DIN07-104 covers entitlement to join the ELC scheme whilst on FTRS.
  10. Ask your PSI :D

    Seriously though, a few years back I approached a company (don’t recall which) offering training to the armed forces on ELCAS. I asked if the scheme applied to the TA and was given that answer.

    It sounds fair to me.
  11. msr

    msr LE

    Every day a school day (no pun intended):

    And it's available on armynet ;)
  12. Oh and for NRPS as well...something to cheer up the surly G4 types at the TAC :D
  13. I was under the impression that if you already had a qual at the highest level then you couldnt use them for any lower level quals - in this case because he has a phd already does this not make it a moot point!
  14. Why aren't the TA allowed to have ELCs? Even if they were only awarded the lower level of three £1,000 payments.
  15. It also says this:

    (Not to be communicated to anyone outside HM Service without authority)