Does smoking Cigars effect running and cardio exercise?

As well as your lungs? I stopped smoking a few weeks ago but really enjoyed smoking and the taste of cigars but I don't smoke due to trying to get fitter. Is smoking cigars going to make it harder to get fit or not? cheers

Is this a f#cking wah !

Is this a wah?

Of course it will hinder your fitness. Less than smoking cigarrettes maybe (most cigar smokers smoke less and inhale less deeply) but still not a healthy choice.

But you don't "Take in" the smoke with a cigar?

I'm the same, quit the cigarettes but still like the odd cigar. Only problem i have is i end up smoking the cigar like a bloody cigarette and end up proper fucked the next morning

I'm the same, quit the cigarettes but still like the odd cigar. Only problem i have is i end up smoking the cigar like a bloody cigarette and end up proper fucked the next morning
Did it fcuk your fitness?

I took up smoking a pipe a few years ago, whilst I loved the flavour the lung butter I was coughing up made me pack it in. So in answer to your question stop being a prick.:)

I took up smoking a pipe a few years ago, whilst I loved the flavour the lung butter I was coughing up made me pack it in. So in answer to your question stop being a prick.:)
Ok no lung butter for me then!

Just to be clear most of the damaging compounds in cigarrette smoke are also found in cigar smoke. There may be a benefit to switching to proper leaf-wrapped long-filler cigars in that they are more of a natural product and have less chemical additives.

If you must smoke cigars then do as I do and only smoke very expensive ones very occasionally.

By the way, you DO take in the smoke with a cigar. You may not inhale as deeply but you are, nonetheless, exposing yourself to a cocktail of poisons and carcinogens. Your chances of getting deep lung tissue damage may be lessened slightly but your chances of mouth, nose and throat damage (including cancer) remain the same.

If you are serious about improving your fitness stop making excuses (I suggest you alreday knew the answer to your own question). Stop smoking altogether and while you are at it cut down on alcohol too.

By the way, you DO take in the smoke with a cigar. You may not inhale as deeply but you are, nonetheless, exposing yourself to a cocktail of poisons and carcinogens. Your chances of getting deep lung tissue damage may be lessened slightly but your chances of mouth, nose and throat damage (including cancer) remain the same.

If you are serious about improving your fitness stop making excuses (I suggest you alreday knew the answer to your own question). Stop smoking altogether and while you are at it cut down on alcohol too.
You should give the self abuse the heave-ho as well. It may send you blind. I'm over here.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
You should give the self abuse the heave-ho as well. It may send you blind. I'm over here.
It is about quarter past five Myrtil my dear. Look. I'm waving. Self abuse also makes you deaf.

Nice to see the Lauter Macht Frei crew are out. LOVE the shorts. Did your Mum sew the sequins on?

You need to make clear your definition of 'Fitness'. If it is "I wish to do the five peaks challenge" then pack in smoking you tit.

If your definition of 'Fitness' is "I want to bounce on the balls of my feet for as long as possible and enjoy this gift of life to the full" then tell the PT Nazis to do one, get yourself down the pub, spark up a tab and pull a girl who has always dreamed of wearing a pony harness.

But I have a question.... I have always enjoyed jamming wine bottles up me jaxie but I hear this can lead to piles. Should I downsize to beer bottles? Thanks in advance.

If you inhale it it will affect you, otherwise they'l just give you mouth cancer. Then again, if you smoke a cigar indoors, the second hand smoke would affect you. Or if you are drunk and smoking a cigar, like a recent night of mine, you do tend to take it back a couple of times. The coughing fit will learn ya though!

Feck it, life is too short not to enjoy something you like!

Look at Jim Fix, invented jogging as a pass time, vegan fitness freak and died in his 50's!

Keith Richards, his doctor prays he would only use fags and cigars and the old man is still rocking.......

Also, the nanny state grips my turds "dont smoke, eat 5 a day, dont drink and be healthy blah, blah, blah". Feck em! Enjoy life, do what you want and live it how you want!

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
otherwise they'l just give you mouth cancer.
Nah, sorry to be pedantic here, but the H&S crackpots get on my tits. Not the fitness people you understand, you can stroll on with your body like a Temple. I'll be in the corner sparking up a fag.

Smoking will not 'give' you mouth cancer. It may increase the risk, but it wont 'give' you it. What? Like a fucking present? Jesus.

As well as your lungs? I stopped smoking a few weeks ago but really enjoyed smoking and the taste of cigars but I don't smoke due to trying to get fitter. Is smoking cigars going to make it harder to get fit or not? cheers
Not at all, smoking Cigars will give your lungs a good workout. Dragging on those Montecristo bad boys will increase your lung capacity but up to 40%. (results may vary)

Also smoking Cigars will set your apart from your peers and may lead to early promotion.

The only down side is it's a cunt to do an APFA in smoking jacket and slippers.