Does poor spelling piss you off?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by westendboy, Jul 26, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wandering around the jobcentre website and saw this pile of bollocks.

Poor spelling irritates me more than the ex wife.

I hate teenagers as well!

sunlight.JPG

2. on

• Like Like x 2
  3. Totaly hate bad speling,

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

4. Indeed it does, particularly when spelt the yank way. However, normally when I see bad spelling on websites such as the BBC news webpages, I use their contact form to report it (as per their wishes). Did you contact the site owner to inform them of their mistakes?

5. Plaese kill yuorself.

• Like Like x 2
  6. You must be heading up in the business world researching jobs like that.

7. Time to drag this one out again.

So the asnwer wuold hvae to be no. Bad spellnig deosn't bohetr me at all.

• Like Like x 2
  8. .
    Dirty Workwear? Are we talking underwear?

9. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

Spelling used to bother me, when I had little else to do with my time.

But then I realised my aspiration wasn't to become a blue-rinsed Daily Mail reader going about my life tutting at everyone and everything, whilst ferrying endless bags full of cat food tins for tiddles, back and forth to my damp and lonely bedsit during my twighlight days.

No - what really grips my shit in the world of written communication is when I get end of course reports for my new soldiers just posted in from Phase 2 establishments only to realise they have simply 'cut and paste' their name into the 'bog standard' appraisal - and not even bothered to check the sex of the soldier in the process.

At a forward up-tempo unit preparing for Ops I could maybe forgive - but in a trg establishment where the permanent staff have knack all to do all day except populate their 'hectic' Outlook calendars with golfing trips and charity bike rides (don't forget to CC the CO so he can see what a 'good egg' you are), whilst spending the rest of the time reflecting on why the field force has posted them away - it is pretty unforgiveable.

• Like Like x 4
  10. That your perusing unskilled want ads would be more of a concern.
    Why not use your mahoosive noggin to upskill to Traffic Warden?

11. Lost me at sepellnig.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Check out the D.I.Y. book of suicide you fucking boring cunt.

13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Or the head dobber OC at Brecon who managed to mix my report up and my name changed completely about halfway down the page. This was before mass use of computers so I reckon him and his clerk were just basic cunts!
    Still got the promotion though although I suspect that was in spite of my report rather than because of it!

14. FrosteeMARIA

FrosteeMARIA LE Gallery Guru

Agree to a certain extent m'learned friend, but don't you also think spelling errors such as those shown are also indicative of laziness? I mean, how difficult is it to use spellcheck?

15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

The sex thing is also so very wrong, my youngest sprog Alexander would regularly get comments on his school report from heads of year/dept etc stating how well she has done this year. I mean there are about 1000 kids in a school so 200 in a year and 30 plus in a class yet no one ever checks?