Does hypocrisy not translate?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by A2_Matelot, May 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A2_Matelot

A2_Matelot LE Book Reviewer

It would appear that hypocrisy doesn't translate across well from English to Pashtun. Why is it that Bn Ladens siblings cannot see that his death was anything but "arbitary" - however you can't say the same about the poor souls who were sitting on tube trains in London, working in the Twin Towers, travelling in Madrid etc..

They have the nerve to argue his death "broke international law" and his burial "demeans and humiliates his family"......I know I shouldn't, but this stuff makes my blood boil and we report it rather than give it the stiff ignoring it deserves.

BBC News - Bin Laden sons protest to US over 'arbitrary killing'

A2

• Like Like x 1
  2. He was buried wrapped in a shroud and given Islamic rites, in probably the most respectful manner possible given the circumstances. His victims usually found themselves under piles of rubble.

**** them and their double standards. Obama should give his own version of that classic Thatcherite moment:

"Mr. Sands was a convicted criminal. He chose to take his own life. It was a choice that his organisation did not allow to many of its victims."

"Mr Bin Laden chose to be an infamous terrorist. We gave him a nevertheless respectful burial, unlike those he gave to his thousands of victims."

3. Personally I would have baptised the bastard before I shot him...

• Like Like x 5
  4. That made me REALLY laugh!!

5. I spose we could do it in absentia (remembering that any Catholic can perform a baptism) (but does that apply to lapsed Catholics I wonder):

Osama Bin Laden we baptise thee in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.

Now run along and be a good Catholic.

6. Possibly a little slow out of the gate. I should think those super computers under Utah pinched him for the Latter Day Saints before the shroud was even damp.

B

7. The basteds!

8. Reminds me of the classic Billy Connolly joke...

"Poor Michael Jackson and these sex allegations. As if it's not bad enough he's a Jehova's Witness, now they're accusing him of behaving like a Catholic Priest!"^~

9. Don't forget the Archbishop of chigley's view "Justice is not served by this assassination".
    Bushey eyebrowed beardie cock hat wearing fucktard that he is.

10. There has not been the outpouring of grief/anger around the muslim world that I expected...does not bode well for the cause! There should be wailing, nashing of teeth and protests. Oh well maybe they're all too busy embracing the new cause...democracy?

(Can I substitute irony for hypocrisy here)

...Wait one just spotted the ubiquitous post-revolution christian bashing in Egypt. All is not lost then.

(Back to hypocrisy) :thumright: