Does heavy armour have a future?

A genuine question. Does current doctrine support the use of heavy armour and what, if anything does the future hold?

What would that refit involve and how would it enable the light tank to replace the heav metal?

A higher performance engine
Also night sight (that is now used in scimitar )
Or even bring Striker back ?????
Or put a higher cal weapon system on a warrior

B

bokkatankie

Stealth over force that's what makes uk army the best in the world
(USA use force)
The Stryker Brigades (Regt) are not replacing M1 they are complementing it and giving mutli-role capability. The idea that we can do something similar with the CVR (T) range is fantasy.

Not at all............mbt has not been used in afghan ( I know no mbt threat) but were they ever really used in Iraq or bosnia.
Light fast and packing a punch is better, a light tank with a uranium tipped round or a drill round would be more effective with stealth rather than heavy large target
Seen but not heard

B

bokkatankie

Not at all............mbt has not been used in afghan ( I know no mbt threat) but were they ever really used in Iraq or bosnia.
Light fast and packing a punch is better, a light tank with a uranium tipped round or a drill round would be more effective with stealth rather than heavy large target
Seen but not heard
MBT has been used by Danish, Canadian and USMC, the fact that UK has not does not hold up your opinion.

Brierski, what qualifications do you have to back up your assertions? Are you serving? Have you ever served, or does all your experience come from your skill on your games console?
I'd join back up again for a posting to Provence.

I was in the household cavalry for 10 years
I was in Bosnia twice, northern Ireland once, Iraq twice and afghan once
Is that ok for you and sorry about my spelling