does everyone get the....

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Asherz, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. am i mentally and physically strong enough jitters ?

with constant niggly injurys it is starting to come to mind that i may not be strong enough mentally... a couple of serving mates have said that every soldier gets them thoughts at some period either before they go or during training. i know training is ment to be mentally and physically challenging so dont get me wrong. is it something everyone gets over after and everyone gets ?

last 4 weeks i have done naff all training as i have hurt my thigh yet again and then dont ask me how strained my groin riding my motorbike up north :S will there be a big fall in were i was fitness wise ?

cheers Ash
  2. Thats anticipation, it makes you work harder and run faster
  3. Its normal to get those thoughts bud, but you just have to put them to the back of your mind and crack on.

You can only do what you can do, and as long as you feel you've put in the effort, you can'task for more than that.

best of luck.
  4. Shitting bricks. Dont tell anyone but...

Its the waiting thats the worst bit
  5. I just wanna get selection done with. At least you know you are in when in training.
  6. my opinion thats not army material the day before you go possibly, what you nervous about? when you go out to Iraq what you think they will say to you if you tell you corporal or Sargent you got the jitters, with a bit of luck hell put his boot up your ass, 2 many people joining the army for the wrong reasons
  7. To be fair Craig, the nerves are more down to how the outcome can effect the rest of your life. Clearly if someone is nervous, it means getting in and doing well is important to them, which is a pretty good reason in my opinion.

Frankly, if you care so little as to not be worried about the outcome, I'd question your own reasons and drives.

*edited for spelling 'in' with a 't' like a proper mong.
  8. Don't be such a prick. What is wrong with nervous anticipation and jitters? How does that make you

I would also expect nerves before a first patrol in Afghanistan, no matter how well trained a soldier is.

Get over yourself.
  9. Of course, you'll be raring to go "shoot sum rag'eadz m8"; make sure you tell the training NCOs that in basic as well. I bet bullets will just bounce off you , rambo.
  10. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

You sound like a 12 year old fcukwit. What would you know? You can't even spell. Most people under fire are scared, but still do their job. Most people are apprehensive of things they know nothing about. Where do you get off judging people?
  11. And the closest you have been to basic training is?
  12. Frankly I'd be very concerned if I had a tom who was not apprehensive and scared. Bravery is overcoming fear and getting on with the job. The guy who is not scared is fecking dangerous.
  13. legs - nervous anticipation and jitters? called being a pussy, you may want the navy
    Zer0 - reason my dad and gdad joined that not a good enough reason you tell me you smart ass prick
    Civi_Git - yes they will
    Aunty Stella - whats that got to do with anything i go in 2 months
    Command_doh - read the question.. he asked a question i answered my opinion. hows that judging people you tool
    what you scared of an nervous about really? answer that..
  14. Craig I like you I was tired, grumpy and a bit p1ssed off but now all is well with the world you sir a re a total ********. What are you joining Paras or Marines?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.