• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

does everyone get the....

Status
Not open for further replies.
am i mentally and physically strong enough jitters ?

with constant niggly injurys it is starting to come to mind that i may not be strong enough mentally... a couple of serving mates have said that every soldier gets them thoughts at some period either before they go or during training. i know training is ment to be mentally and physically challenging so dont get me wrong. is it something everyone gets over after and everyone gets ?

last 4 weeks i have done naff all training as i have hurt my thigh yet again and then dont ask me how strained my groin riding my motorbike up north :S will there be a big fall in were i was fitness wise ?

cheers Ash

Its normal to get those thoughts bud, but you just have to put them to the back of your mind and crack on.

You can only do what you can do, and as long as you feel you've put in the effort, you can'task for more than that.

best of luck.

my opinion thats not army material the day before you go possibly, what you nervous about? when you go out to Iraq what you think they will say to you if you tell you corporal or Sargent you got the jitters, with a bit of luck hell put his boot up your ass, 2 many people joining the army for the wrong reasons

To be fair Craig, the nerves are more down to how the outcome can effect the rest of your life. Clearly if someone is nervous, it means getting in and doing well is important to them, which is a pretty good reason in my opinion.

Frankly, if you care so little as to not be worried about the outcome, I'd question your own reasons and drives.

*edited for spelling 'in' with a 't' like a proper mong.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
craigf1989 said:
my opinion thats not army material the day before you go possibly, what you nervous about? when you go out to Iraq what you think they will say to you if you tell you corporal or Sargent you got the jitters, with a bit of luck hell put his boot up your ass, 2 many people joining the army for the wrong reasons
Don't be such a prick. What is wrong with nervous anticipation and jitters? How does that make you
not army material
?

I would also expect nerves before a first patrol in Afghanistan, no matter how well trained a soldier is.

Get over yourself.

craigf1989 said:
Of course, you'll be raring to go "shoot sum rag'eadz m8"; make sure you tell the training NCOs that in basic as well. I bet bullets will just bounce off you , rambo.

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
craigf1989 said:
You sound like a 12 year old fcukwit. What would you know? You can't even spell. Most people under fire are scared, but still do their job. Most people are apprehensive of things they know nothing about. Where do you get off judging people?

craigf1989 said:
And the closest you have been to basic training is?

Frankly I'd be very concerned if I had a tom who was not apprehensive and scared. Bravery is overcoming fear and getting on with the job. The guy who is not scared is fecking dangerous.

legs - nervous anticipation and jitters? called being a pussy, you may want the navy
Zer0 - reason my dad and gdad joined that not a good enough reason you tell me you smart ass prick
Civi_Git - yes they will
Aunty Stella - whats that got to do with anything i go in 2 months
Command_doh - read the question.. he asked a question i answered my opinion. hows that judging people you tool
what you scared of an nervous about really? answer that..

craigf1989 said:
legs - nervous anticipation and jitters? called being a pussy, you may want the navy
Zer0 - reason my dad and gdad joined that not a good enough reason you tell me you smart ass prick
Civi_Git - yes they will
Command_doh - read the question.. he asked a question i answered my opinion. hows that judging people you tool
Craig I like you I was tired, grumpy and a bit p1ssed off but now all is well with the world you sir a re a total ********. What are you joining Paras or Marines?

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
craigf1989 said:
Civi_Git - yes they will
So you have not even stated basic training, yet you feel you have the experience to explain how those of us who have served many years that we are wrong, and you are right. You have just shown yourself yo be an immature ******** who is in for a real shock.

And I don't care if Daddy and Grandpa served. So did those of a large number of the serving soldiers on this site - and in some cases their sons/daughters are serving as well.

If you do not feel in the slightest bit nervous then I question your intelligence, because you clearly have no idea what you are letting yourself in for.

Now toddle off back to the playground...

craigf1989 said:
Civi_Git - yes they will
I have no doubt before your first patrol, you will be chomping at the bit, to get into action, i commend you sir. Scared or nervous soldiers are not needed in this mans army. I suggest you should skip training and get straight out there, we need people like you on the front line. Preferably tied to a post by the main gate.

For a friday morning your a real tool.

Oh ffs Craig could I suggest that before you start gobbing off at people who have a considerable amount more military experience than yourself you wait until you've got some time in. If you do manage to get through Phase 1, I hope that you will have used that time to talk to people that have been on Ops and know the score and you may then have an understanding of why guys are nervous and apprehensive at times. Life on Ops is not like wargames on your console, it can be noisy, dirty smelly and confusing and shit does happen. So please take this in the spirit it is given, you have 2 eyes and 2 ears and 1 mouth so look and listen twice as much as you talk.

craigf1989 said:
Thank you for your insightful and intelligent input. I bow down to your superior knowledge of the modern army and operations despite the obvious handicap not actually having started basic training yet.

ffs, forget 'The Force', I feel 'The Throb' is strong in this one....

Edited to add
Asherz, some anticipation/nerves is normal. It isn't like you are off on a shopping trip or a civi group hug training course. Youl have made a major life changing decision and anyone who isn't a little apprehensive doesn't appreciate what they have let themselves in for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads