Does ARRSE annoy people cemented to the right?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Nehustan, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Obviously, its full of pinkos!!!!

2. They think they are right wing, I'm to the right of Ghengis!!!

3. Huh...what are ranting about you wierdo?

4. Yes.

5. No.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Ok, personally I'm a Liberal (have always voted that way). My 'Parents' voted Tory during the Thatcher years, my 'Grandparents' were at Labour movement rallies oustide St. Georges Hall. I bought Das Capital and Mein Kampf on my 18th birthday, just to check the circle analogy that everyone painted i.e. 'its a circle follow the lines around and communism and fascism meet at the extremes'. I first came across dialectics with my readings on Socrates via Plato, then onto some interest in Hegel. I short I think myself able to look at both sides and be pragmatic, which would be of course the process of dialectics. While not many here might use the prententious terminology, I think many are capable of the process.

So my poll, and hopefully debate, comes from the fact that there seems to be annoyance (definitely a subtext) toward ARRSE and members herein, for this intellectual stance. It does seem to be suffering incoming. One might have thought being a miltary site this would come from the left, but I can't recall any time that that has happened. The worst is that a poster is sometimes humourously told to don some tinfoil and given a slight ribbing. Contrariwise the angry right wingers seem to incur wrath.

Quite odd.
  2. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Maybe its my imagination then AJ, it just seems to have happened quite a bit this last week with some newish members, with older members being called 'Marxist Traitors' (paraphrased) and similar.
  3. Not at all, it's one of the few places anyone can voice an opinion from any political point of view................. and get slagged off for it :)
  4. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Yep Baldrick, that's exactly why I think most members love it.
  5. I think you will find most of the members of this site will shed a tear when Tony goes and they will organise parties in the streets when brown takes over :puker:
  6. Perhaps it's because Nazis come here expecting the Forces to share their viewpoint, and are surprised when it turns out that the Forces are normal, well-adjusted folk who don't like the idea of rounding people up and deporting them based on their skin colour?

I'm well aware of Maj (Retd) Dennis Healey's strictures on the overuse of the word "Nazi", but in this case I beleive it is appropriate.
  7. I may be getting this wrong, Nehustan, but I believe that in general ARRSErs will attack any really extreme view, be it from the left or the right. A case in point was that racist idiot Herrenbloke, who was, literally, voted off ARRSE by general consensus. Remember that?

All in all, I find that ARRSE has a refreshing and lively attitude to the world - which essentially mirrors the attitude of the British Army I found when I was serving.

8. dissent dissent dissent.....which i why i like too check 'My Arrse' daily before i troll for news.

ps dissent is good 'Ya'
  9. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

No. I'm as left-wing as a penguin with no right flipper thingy. The majority of site users are less so but it's never caused any major traumas.
  10. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I totally agree Bugsy, the thing is I'm just getting the feeling that people who have been lurking and watching ARRSE seem to be joining and venting with the obvious attitude that ARRSE is a bastion of the left, that somehow rationale right wing views aren't expressed here...that they are somehow flying the flag for the silent majority (which to be honest they do from rather an unimaginative, badly researched, and intellectually weak position) and that ARRSE needs to get a grip...maybe nobody else has picked up on it, but I'm getting a definite feeling....and it doesn't need my an dà shealladh
  11. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Well so far the poll seems to confirm my position as
  12. Bin Tony Blair and ''Bring back Maggie''
  13. I just voted as the rest as I didn't understand the question.

Does that make me a Liberal as well?
  14. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

[align=center]Reminds me of that movie THX1138 and a minor soliloquy by Donald Pleasence's character SEN 5241...[/align]

[align=center]Without most of us realizing it, a
    "new alignment" has been formed...
    and it is an exciting, healthy development..
    this alignment is already a new majority;
    it will effect the future of us all for
    generations to come. We need a new unity,
    but not a unity which discourages dissent.
    We Need dissent.But we need a creative dissent.
    Our voices are not joined in any harmonious
    chorus, but the differences are differences
    of emphasis, not of fundamentals. Now, the
    new alignment's greatest need is to
    communicate with all its elements,
    rather than march along in parallel
    line that never converge. Tomorrow
    as we focus the new movement more
    clearly, we will gain a new unity.[/align]

(edited for spelling....)