Does anyone work for Royal Mail in N.Ireland

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by ford164, Oct 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi I need time off work for trainning. I cann't talk to my line manger. Does anyone know who I can speak to about getting extra leave.I'm guessing it will be someone in Belfast.If you know a name and phone number can you please pass it on Thanks :?

2. Can't you book it off as holiday?

3. Used up days off until 01 April 08

4. just call another strike. while your oppos are standing on the picket lines you can go off and do your training. that way you get paid by royal mail, paid by the ta and you can royally fcuk all us other little blokes off who rely on you people to deliver our mail especially birthday presents that did not arrive on time. pack of cnuts

rant over!!!!

5. book it off as special leave,wether you go over his head or not he will still be told the reason you are off work.i have a fair idea why you don't want him to know,but in this day and age "sure we're all friends now".but if you want to pm me,my neighbour serves with me and is a postie i could ask him the score,but as i said it will come back to your line manager.
    FAB

6. I'll courier the next teddy. But if your only going to throw it our of your pram i wont bother!

Are employers under an obligation to allow you leave for training? Never been in a position to request it, is all.

7. make sure you sew the head back on again first...cant cuddle a headless teddy...poor sod.

my employer gives me extra leave for ta camp only. i have to fill in forms to apply for it, produce a copy of the joining instructions with dates and a camp release form signed by PSAO. these dont have to be in prior to going away but have to be in as quick as possible. would be better to get your line manager on your side as well though. keeps things running smoothly for other training away from home

8. Haven't you lot had enough "days off" this year?!!

9. I'm the CWU Rep for my office and I put my trainning off until the strikes were over :p

10. Postman Pat. Lisburn 44266.

11. You can never have enough day off (Its trainning not a day off Ha)

12. You to! My mum sent me a Birthday pressie last week, next day delivery. Did it turn up? Did it f@#k!

13. No you dont.

14. You should be allowed to go training with the Terries whenever you want, ie, doing something useful. After all, my post arrives weekdays between 13:30 and 16:00. However, on Saturday, by some miracle it's here at 07:00, when some bugger's hammering at my door with a parcel, oblivious to my very obvious and illuminated doorbell.

"Does anyone work for Royal Mail in N.Ireland?"
    I'd say about a third of them

15. icecold

icecold Clanker Reviewer

You should be able to apply for special leave C for training, think you should get 10 days a year paid leave for training on top of your annual leave entitlement. I think the only way to do it is to speak to your line manager, then if he doesn't give you a decent answer then his line manager.