Does anyone know?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by mission, Dec 16, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi was wonderin if anyone could give me an anwer on this.

I'm Rsigs and last oct did my class 1 trade course. Now at the time all the LCpl's on the course got an increment on completion lucky them, i however did the course as a Sigi (private) and because i joined before pay 2000 i was already on the highest increment i could go as a sigi so didn't get a pay increment. Initially i was told that when i got promoted i would go up 2 increments to compensate, this did not happen and on asking my admin office why i didn't get it i was told i had shi-t out :x . I can't understand how i cannot be entitled to a pay increase, and i'm now getting paid the same as a class 2 LCpl. :(

Any ideas??

2. PM me your details and I'll get an answer for you.

3. You have answered your own question.

"i was already on the highest increment i could go as a sigi so didn't get a pay increment"

Then got bad advice.

" i was told that when i got promoted i would go up 2 increments to compensate"

"and i'm now getting paid the same as a class 2 LCpl. "

and as a class 2 Signalman you were getting paid the same as some class 1 pte's. That is the way P2k works.

4. However. here is some advice, there maybe some pay personnel on the site who can confirm it. It applies to any one who is responsible for looking after the careers of soldiers who are Class 2 and on the highest increment level. If you can, get them promoted into a paid rank before they pass their class 1 then they will receive the extra pay on passing class 1 unlike Mission who was promoted 3 months after getting his class 1, bad man management.