does anyone know the chinese for typhoon?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Grumblegrunt, Aug 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

2. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Oddly enough Tai-Fun or Divine Winds.
  3. It's just another one pipe wonder powered by a single Russky designed turbofan.

As such I predict, that like the Starfighter, it will kill more pilots than enemies.
  4. The single engine/twin engine argument is as old as the hills, and each side is convinced that it is right. However I do remember a photograph years ago titled "The best use of two engines". It was a picture of two F16s.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Yes, yes, yes, all very well but where are the photos of the six female J-10 pilots they've just trained?

That's the sort of in-depth analysis people are after.

If it's been sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk then I'm probably pissed.
  6. That looks like the result of cross breeding between an F16 and a Typhoon......
  7. Got a kind of cartoonish image in my head of a Typhoon mounting an F16 and ******* it. Then I remember it's RAF and therefore almost asexual in nature.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

The all-conquering, all-eggs-in-one-basket F-35 is single-engined...
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I bet it's quarter the price and works twice as good!
  10. The Jian 10 is the "Vigorous Dragon" in Chinese. I think I prefer that to Typhoon/Taifun. The engine might be iffy but they do a good name !
  11. Harrier only had one engine and that was fine off carriers
    • Like Like x 2
  12. That plane is the result of SAAB and BAE engineers leaving their product sitting in hangers unattended for too long

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Don't worry lads, Its more than likely built from parts that are made by the Honk Kong Flyapart Co. Ltd.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

Robbo, that was ******* funny.

I suspect there's more than a scent of the Israeli Lavi in the J-10, however.