Does anyone know how I could transfer from regular basic training to the reservs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently in phase one basic training and not happy I'v passed my daor window so can't leave. I have tried to speak to people but I keep getting told to suck it up and keep going as it gets better. It's that bad I'm not sleeping I'm getting ill and not eating properly and have lost loads of weight also. It's starting to affect my performance also in last 3 days I've had 8hrs sleep. Any advise please on transfering to the reserves as this I'v been told may be a better option for me

I'm currently in phase one basic training and not happy I'v passed my daor window so can't leave. I have tried to speak to people but I keep getting told to suck it up and keep going as it gets better. It's that bad I'm not sleeping I'm getting ill and not eating properly and have lost loads of weight also. It's starting to affect my performance also in last 3 days I've had 8hrs sleep. Any advise please on transfering to the reserves as this I'v been told may be a better option for me
I would speak to the Chaplin if you're getting nowhere with your Chain of Command; but I'd try asking for a Pl Comd's interview anyway:

How far are you into your basic training?

I'm in week 7 but been on camp for 14 weeks and have been saying I don't want to be here for a few months but was told I don't have a daor window as I'm ex service.

No otherwise I would not have joined without a way out if I didn't like it. I feel like I'm trapped without a way out.
I'm surprised at that. Anyway, if you do get to leave (i can't tell you how as i don't have an answer) ask if it will affect your chances of going to the reserves afterwards.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
I'm in week 7 but been on camp for 14 weeks and have been saying I don't want to be here for a few months but was told I don't have a daor window as I'm ex service.

If you're Ex-Service, did you not have an idea what training would be like? Or am I missing something?

If you are not sleeping or eating properly you should see the doctor. Talk to your Platoon commander and the Chaplain or Welfare Officer or the WRVS Welfare worker (or whatever they are called). Sorting out problems like this is their job. They will either help you get back into it or take steps in another direction. Do not take advice from this place and do not suffer in silence.

Good luck

Surely any right minded platoon OC would be fully supportive of thinning out this chick?

Let's face it, this has long term J1 written all over it, and I'd be amazed if any grown thought it was in anyones best interest to have a mentally unstable young woman continue onwards towards a working unit.

Surely any right minded platoon OC would be fully supportive of thinning out this chick?

Let's face it, this has long term J1 written all over it, and I'd be amazed if any grown thought it was in anyones best interest to have a mentally unstable young woman continue onwards towards a working unit.
Or it might be someone who is experiencing a bit of a 'hump' in training who could be helped over it. Alternatively helped out of the organisation in a constructive manner.

Wot devex said.

Good luck and chin up.

Or it might be someone who is experiencing a bit of a 'hump' in training who could be helped over it. Alternatively helped out of the organisation in a constructive manner.
A "hump"? She's lost a load of weight through not eating and barely slept in days. As she's previously served in the RAF as well, and is dipping for the line age wise, she's not a child. You sound like the kind of bloke that passes these wasters, knowing you'll never have to deal with the fall out.

A "hump"? She's lost a load of weight through not eating and barely slept in days. As she's previously served in the RAF as well, and is dipping for the line age wise, she's not a child. You sound like the kind of bloke that passes these wasters, knowing you'll never have to deal with the fall out.
She is not a waster. She's decided it's not for her and wants out. Sounds fair to me -- does neither her nor the army any favours if she stays ... unless there are specific things she's chosen not to tell a bunch of strangers on the Internet, and those "things" could be fixed. But it doesn't sound that way.

If you are not sleeping or eating properly you should see the doctor. Talk to your Platoon commander and the Chaplain or Welfare Officer or the WRVS Welfare worker (or whatever they are called). Sorting out problems like this is their job. They will either help you get back into it or take steps in another direction. Do not take advice from this place and do not suffer in silence.

Good luck
I gave her advice in Chat and told her to speak to her Cpl, and she went because people were being mean.

@Armygirl83 PM me if you want. I'm quite helpful sometimes.

@Armygirl83 Sorry to hear it's not going well but glad you haven't fallen out of love with it entirely. Take Snail's advice and go see the welfare staff today. Of course, I have no idea what your specific situation is but do try to push through it if you can.

As for transferring into the Reserves, it's a pretty easy process. Have a look at the units in your area, decide the ones that interest/excite you and ring them up to arrange a chat. Go see them, explain you dropped out of training but are still keen. In my unit, there are a fair few reservists who have done exactly that so don't worry about looking like a flake or weak or whatever. Obviously, you'll still have to finish training. In the Reserves, Phase 1 is split into two phases Alpha and Bravo. Alpha is a week-long at a regional Army Training Unit. Bravo is two weeks at Pirbright, Winchester or Grantham. Because you've done week 7 you shouldn't have to do Alpha, just go straight onto Bravo. On completion of Bravo you'll get a £1,000 golden hello on top of your pay. Then onto your Phase 2 and 3 thereafter.

Just don't sound off about being "ex-regular" as one throbber I know does - having left at Week 7 too! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads