does anyone know ho to strengthen ....

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by nuffz, Nov 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. does anyone know ho to strengthen the shin muscles? because i have been told i might have muscle imbalance in my lower front legs
    thanks all help appreciated

2. try doing some shin ups
  3. Splint them?
  4. I might be wrong but I think toe raises are the best way;Stand on a couple of bricks using your heels,rest a sledge hammer or similar on your toes,holding the handle at waist height,lower your toes to the floor and then raise,you should feel a good pull on the front of your shin,start with 1 or 2 and then work up
  5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Have you actually seen a blerk with sledgehammered shins? Nasty, 'specially if they've been exercising with them. Muscles in all the wrong places, like the knee joints, from crawling around a lot, crying.
  6. kneeling gun drill
  7. Hold your sh-its in for the next couple of weeks.

The hopping from foot to foot that inevitably occurs whenever your within sight of a toilet will see you with calves like rugby balls, resulting in concurrent shin strengthening and supplementary toilet roll savings.

If you feel at any time that you might sh-it yourself, twenty knees to the chest on a crashmat will further compact your waste, though septicaemia can be an unwanted side affect.

And very bad breath.
  8. I've known some ho's to do some pretty kinky things, but strengthening shins? that's a new one on me...does it involve melted butter and soft music in darkened rooms?

I do recall getting kicked in the shins under the table once when I failed to respond to a 'cue' from the missus at a posh dinner, mind.. does that count?
  9. Heather McCartney recommends the use of a screwdriver.
  10. Two lengths of angle iron, rivetted through the bone will strengthen them and if highly polished will make a beautiful piece of semi permanent add on jewellry
  11. Join the Army.
  12. Try this for hardcore hetero tiger shin strengthening:

:D Feel the burn!
  13. During basic training I found that hanging from a third floor window ledge by my toes whilst a tyring to avoid the blows to my head from the floor bumper wielded by the psycho LCpl in the room below, did wonders for my shin muscles. They came up like a six pack, as did my head!
  14. If someone is qualified to tell you you have an imbalance, they should be qualified to tell you how not to have an imbalance.
  15. Try walking on your hind legs for a while.