Does anyone know a weight loss strategy???

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by alden2, May 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi people, I am 23 years old and have been gaining on pounds and this makes me madder. The thing is that after several efforts of exercise and dieting I don’t seem to get any slimmer. There are many ways to get the fat reduced but almost all the ways are exhausted. I have consulted a few people but all of them have been telling me the same thing. It isn’t helping me and only making my fears worse.

Is there some way to make me feel better!!!

2. Make sure you burn off more calories than you eat. Simple really.

3. Sorry but the answer is pretty obvious - use more energy than you put in.

Sensible diet in and exercise to use what is going in and what is hanging around your waist in the form of blubber.

Some details about your lifestyle, exercise regime and calorific intake may get a decent response from more knowledgable folk.

4. You need to decide if you want some way to make yourself 'feel better' or if you actually want to lose weight. You recognise that there are many ways to get the fat reduced, and say that all the people you have consulted about this have been telling you the same thing.
    But they are not saying what your emotions need to hear- you want to feel better and have your fears soothed.
    The problem exists if you are looking to food to comfort you and make you feel better and allay your fears and improve your emotional wellbeing.
    If you are overweight and your weight is increasing then a whole change in lifestyle is required, not just a short term 'effort'.
    Find a form of exercise that you actually enjoy and makes you feel good and can perform regularly throughout each week.
    Think about the cycle of why and when you eat too much/ comfort foods and try to work out and write down how you are using food to reassure and comfort yourself rather than dealing with your emotions head on.
    People have all been telling you the same thing yet you are rejecting what they say and allowing yourself to become further entrenched in your emotional dependancy on food.
    You will probably benefit from an emotionally supportive weight loss group such as Weight watchers or Rosemary Conley in the short term, while you work out how to unravel the links between eating and emotional distress and re adjust your thinking.
    Food is calories. Cutting down on calories is simply cutting down on fuel, it's not cutting down on emotional comfort- you can find this in other ways.

5. Here you go good luck young man

Attached Files:

• scag.jpg
      File size:
      4.3 KB
      Views:
  6. Shagging or amputation of a leg should help you lose a few pounds.

7. Less reps with the fork

8. How does shagging a leg help? My dog occasionally does it but his finely tuned physique is more down to calories in versus calories out.

Ultimately, despite all the bollox sputed re:diets or metabolisms, you will be the weight you want to be. Some people its unconscious but a lot of us have to make a conscious decision...if we want to carry on abusing our bodies with drink, curries and other calorific treats!

9. Hi
    If it is of any help to you, my mum lost 8 llbs in 5 days on the cambridge Diet.

Good Luck

10. I'll do it...What's the Cambridge Diet??

11. What happened after the five days? Did all the water return?
    Quick fixes are not what's required to lose weight permanently.

12. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

http://www.slimmingworld.com/

sustained healthy eating plan for weight loss and permanently low weight.

And you can eat chocolate or drink alcohol!

13. What have you tried in the past to lose weight? The simple fact is that if you burn more than you take in you will lose weight; this idea that people somehow photosynthesise on a diet is b*llocks.

Without knowing how overweight you are (I am guessing as you are on here you a not a complete chuffer) it is difficult to know - how much do you weigh and how tall are you and more impotantly what build are you?

At the end of the day if you want to lose weight a bit of self discipline, common sense and an exercise regime (doesn't have to be triathlon training) works wonders!

14. Try weightwatchers. Don't be fooled that it's just for old women. Their points plan has helped me shift a stone in the past 7 months. And the surprise (for me) was how much you actually get to eat (a lot).

The programme is about feeding your metabolism so that it raises its game and burns off the calories you intake plus extra.

8lbs in 5 days in dangerous and will probably result in an overall gain of 10lbs.

Losing weight slowly, while not having such a "wow" factor, is the better route to go. Most nutritionalists recommend no more than 2 - 3 lbs a week with a realistic goal of 1 - 2lbs a a week. This has been shown to help keep the weight off, which I believe is the route to go.

Only my opinion mind, so feel free to tell me to trun to the right, gain height and feck orf. Good luck with whatever route you choose.

PMU

15. For some reason the name of the organisation I mentioned has been blocked :? :? :? :?

Their initials are W W :lol: