Does anyone in here read the DAILY MIRROR?

After the way the stuanch-Labour paper handled the whole hoax photograph affair four years ago, eagerly publishing fake photographs of troops torturing Iraqi's, and the fact that its a god awful newspaper, does any of the dwindling readership of the Daily Mirror/Sunday Mirror derive from ARRSE?

Also, what paper do you regularly read?

I read the Daily Mail and The Times daily and the Express sometimes.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
The what?

Is that a magazine or something?

I read the Telegraph 'cos I know im getting sensible conservative coverage and not a pandering to opinion polls in the Sun and the Times (althought I do read the Times now and then). The Daily Mail is just a bit dramatic for my though I am a Mail sympathiser.

Cannot bear the Mirror, I just feel like I'm reading a droning Labour leaflet posted through my door by some spotty Stalinist.

Andy Capp used to be good back in the day when you could laugh at drunken womanising violent sexist wife beaters, Thats about the only good thing in the Mirror..
What little readership they had in BFG is about to stop as they are no longer publishing in Europe.

I read the Mail so I can get all angry before I start the day

The Metro so I can avoid eye contact with freaks on the train

The News of the World on sunday cos its either that or the People, which is crap.

does'nt the mirror have.............................

NO! When it becomes a proper newspaper again, with independence of thought and a rather more sceptical view of our government, whatever the colour, then it might be worth some attention. But at the moment - no.

daily sport.

i read online papers. so reuters, BBC.co.uk, ananova.com etc etc.

You get a wider variety of information, and majoratively the report is the same, surprisingly.

The International Herald Tribune. I also occasionally read the Daily Mail online to laugh at the comments left by its readers and their obsession with putting random words in "quotes".

Donkey-Spanker said:
The only time I read tabloids is while I wait in the barbers. I buy the Mail on Saturday for the TV guide. I learnt decades ago that all newspapers are biased towards the owners interests. None of them are anywhere near trustworthy.
There was something on the news (TV stations) a while ago that the major share holders in the mirror group were getting a bit shirty about the anti-american stance the paper had. (as they were yanks).

Although I buy the Daily Mail out of habit more than anything else I must say I find its obsession with the upper classes amusing, its a middle class paper with upper class aspirations and extremely syncophantic towards anyone with a title, Nigel Dempsters column on high society used to crease me up as if I really gave a f*ck about Lord Damian St James latest polo pony, and the latest debs coming out ball.
So to add balance I take the Times but as a previous poster wrote they only have the owners agenda at heart.

le_crabe_tambour said:
Although I buy the Daily Mail out of habit more than anything else I must say I find its obsession with the upper classes amusing, its a middle class paper with upper class aspirations and extremely syncophantic towards anyone with a title, Nigel Dempsters column on high society used to crease me up as if I really gave a f*ck about Lord Damian St James latest polo pony, and the latest debs coming out ball.
So to add balance I take the Times but as a previous poster wrote they only have the owners agenda at heart.
I read the Mail.

Then again, I think all Scousers are up their own arrses.