Does anyone have the ear of HRH?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, Apr 28, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. He's done his bit, a very credible few years in the forces. His role in SAR has a decent amount of kudos especially as he was never going to deploy on overseas ops.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Agreed, he did a skilled job that carried real risks and was of benefit to the 'common' man. Kudos to him.

4. Interesting idea - what unit would he join?

- Royal Yeomanry ? Bit of a waste if he is CVRT qualified, so maybe RWxY as they are the only TA unit with access to Armour post re-role.

- HAC? But wouldn't he "lose his commission" and have to start again on their Patrols course?

- ICCY? ( signals, but an outside chance given that they are not really that interested in signals stuff).

Doubt he'll "join" the TA, but if he does ..... doesn't he get a £5,000 signing on bonus now? Useful with a spog on the way.

5. I'm sure he'll just go back to the day job after this little jolly.

6. Easy - AMPT (V) he has all the required quals as a rotary wing pilot.

7. I wouldn't personally have described flying rescue helicopters as a "little jolly". Kudos to him, as others have said.

I've been around long enough to remember it being suggested before that it would be very helpful for a member of the Royal Family to become a serving "ordinary" member of the Reserve Forces.

Would be good now, if HRH can find the time.

• Like Like x 2
  8. I don't think Harry would be impressed with a STAB brother. At least he could excuse RAF as royal duty.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Please remember that the young Duke was commissioned into the army. I doubt he has left that, indeed, he never will.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Pity that actually the Wail story says is that he's being re-assigned from RAF Valley to a new posting, and has not, yet, left the RAF.

He is moving to his new gaff in London and Sandringham, instead of living in deepest darkest Wales.

11. The story actually says:
    So, if the story is correct, his job is being outsourced so staying in his current position indefinitely isn't an option anyway.

There was a story in my local paper about a tourist from here who fell off the edge of a cliff and was trapped part way down. She was rescued by a SAR helicopter piloted by William, which thrilled her to no end. I'm just adding this point in case some idiot wants to claim that "he wasn't a real pilot anyway".

12. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

13. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Jesus no! Nothing against hrh himself, but its hard enough to keep the freaks and weirdos out as it is! If he was an officer in my lot, you could guarantee we would have them swarming for miles around us!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)