does anyone have a good contact for a military tailor

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by jinkeye, Apr 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi im Looking for a military tailor can anyone help im in a scottish regiment but we have no regy tailor and would like to get a decent TOS made,

has any had similar experiences and found someone any recommendations would be greatly received.

many thanks

2. I have always found Goodall's to be excellent

Mess Kit Online

They now have an internet service so you won't need to pop down to Leeds to get your TOS.

However, does your regiment have a YOs shop or similar? They are usually a great source for things like that, at sensible prices.

3. unfortunatley not i think due to this creation of the RRS there is now high demand for TOS's so everyone is jamming up the tailors.

thanks for the link fluffybunny there doesnt seem to be a headdress manufacturer on that site though

4. You should have the issue TOS + issue snippet of tartan, any tailor should be able to do it... otherwise Stirling has the 51 Bde tailor, very quick.

5. Try Top Of Soldier Bonnets, afraid I don't have the number to hand, but look under a lot of people's TOS and you'll find a label with their number!

6. does anyone have links on these contacts my thanks for the help so far