• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Does anybody work for Tesco?

#1
Just wondering if anybody works for Tesco and what their attitude is towards the Reserve forces. Are they supportive. Do they allow time off for two week training periods? Weekends?

I'm starting part-time work with them which is going to seriously reduce the amount of time I spend in the green kit which I'm not too happy about. However, I need the cash to fund my extravagant student lifestyle consisting of beans, toast and milk:D I at least want to be able to do enough to get my bounty!
 
#3
Can't help you there.
However I applied for ASDA a couple of months back....... and got rejected. I don't know how I managed that.
 
#4
Officially, TESCO are very supportive of Reserve Forces; they are a member of SABRE.

In practice, managers always put the needs of the store first, and getting time off can be a pain in the ARRSE - especially since most TESCO workers are contracted for weekend work. :evil:

Might be easier if you are working part time.

Good luck.
 
#5
I have read tesco claiming to suport TA.

More than 100 of the UK's largest companies have officially pledged their support for the country's volunteer soldiers, sailors and air crews.

The firms, including BT, Tesco, and Barclays, have joined a new campaign to get other employers, both in the public and private sector, to follow suit. If you would like to be part of this campaign please visit www.sabre.mod.uk to pledge your support.

Dont know how tesco operate but could be proberly some stupid fool of a gate keeper desion maker you may have to get past.
This is how I have found big companies work in other ways they have a policy that is good, but they deberatly employee fools who they suggest to do other wise often in ignorance this is because they dont want to honar there expensive polices. Fools as the fool on the shopfloor and accept this nonsense.
I would not reliee on anything a fool in store says check their policy on line or contact there media department and present this to fool in shop if not doing what you want. It would be sensible to record conversations with him as he may not thank you and try and get rid of you for something else for making him aware of the fool he is so keep a file on him to negotate.
 
#7
Trick said:
Can't help you there.
However I applied for ASDA a couple of months back....... and got rejected. I don't know how I managed that.
Bet you were out of rhythm when they do that annoying patting the arrse thing. Lucky escape, who wants to put flagellant on their CV?
 
#10
Cheers for the info!

From the Sabre website it appears they give 2 weeks paid/unpaid leave for two week training. How easy this will be to arrange may be another question though:(
 
#17
MrTracey said:
Werewolf said:
MrTracey said:
Does anyone work for Tesco?

Is it a rhetorical question?
Spoken like a true...Manager! :roll:
Is a day off sick a right or a priviledge? :p
As long as you're off sick less than 3 days per year, and don't mind an interrogation when you come back that would make a CIA Rendition Team Operator wince, you should be fine... :roll:

TESCO is not the Civil Service. Only the profit matters. Staff hit the targets or they are out the door. Union? Don't be silly. They are bought and paid for.
 
#18
TAcont said:
I have read tesco claiming to suport TA.

More than 100 of the UK's largest companies have officially pledged their support for the country's volunteer soldiers, sailors and air crews.

The firms, including BT, Tesco, and Barclays, have joined a new campaign to get other employers, both in the public and private sector, to follow suit. If you would like to be part of this campaign please visit www.sabre.mod.uk to pledge your support.

Dont know how tesco operate but could be proberly some stupid fool of a gate keeper desion maker you may have to get past.
This is how I have found big companies work in other ways they have a policy that is good, but they deberatly employee fools who they suggest to do other wise often in ignorance this is because they dont want to honar there expensive polices. Fools as the fool on the shopfloor and accept this nonsense.
I would not reliee on anything a fool in store says check their policy on line or contact there media department and present this to fool in shop if not doing what you want. It would be sensible to record conversations with him as he may not thank you and try and get rid of you for something else for making him aware of the fool he is so keep a file on him to negotate.
Could we try that one in English please.
 
#19
I work for Mcdonalds (cue multiple jokes), they know about my situation in the TA but when i book weekends off i always seem to get scheduled to work. However, they have granted me special leave for OP HERRICK. Why dont you apply for Maccies and you too could be 'lovin it'.
 
#20
craftsmanx said:
TAcont said:
I have read tesco claiming to suport TA.

More than 100 of the UK's largest companies have officially pledged their support for the country's volunteer soldiers, sailors and air crews.

The firms, including BT, Tesco, and Barclays, have joined a new campaign to get other employers, both in the public and private sector, to follow suit. If you would like to be part of this campaign please visit www.sabre.mod.uk to pledge your support.

Dont know how tesco operate but could be proberly some stupid fool of a gate keeper desion maker you may have to get past.
This is how I have found big companies work in other ways they have a policy that is good, but they deberatly employee fools who they suggest to do other wise often in ignorance this is because they dont want to honar there expensive polices. Fools as the fool on the shopfloor and accept this nonsense.
I would not reliee on anything a fool in store says check their policy on line or contact there media department and present this to fool in shop if not doing what you want. It would be sensible to record conversations with him as he may not thank you and try and get rid of you for something else for making him aware of the fool he is so keep a file on him to negotate.
Could we try that one in English please.
I'll give it a shot...

Basically he's saying that major companies like TESCO make grand-sounding announcements to the media about how they are going to do their best to support the TA.

This announcement/policy comes from Head Office. I could tell you the reason it's called HEAD Office, but the MODs would delete this Post. So I'll just leave it up to you're imagination. :twisted: Meanwhile, the managers in the hundreds of TESCO stores around the country are told off the record that the needs of the company take priority and to make it as difficult as possible for people to take unpaid leave.

When a STAB applies for unpaid leave, the Personnel Manager etc will try to put as much pressure on them as possible without actually refusing the request.
 

Latest Threads

New Posts