Does anybody work for Tesco?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by rmrnod, Oct 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wondering if anybody works for Tesco and what their attitude is towards the Reserve forces. Are they supportive. Do they allow time off for two week training periods? Weekends?

I'm starting part-time work with them which is going to seriously reduce the amount of time I spend in the green kit which I'm not too happy about. However, I need the cash to fund my extravagant student lifestyle consisting of beans, toast and milk:D I at least want to be able to do enough to get my bounty!
  2. msr

msr LE

3. Can't help you there.
    However I applied for ASDA a couple of months back....... and got rejected. I don't know how I managed that.
  4. Officially, TESCO are very supportive of Reserve Forces; they are a member of SABRE.

In practice, managers always put the needs of the store first, and getting time off can be a pain in the ARRSE - especially since most TESCO workers are contracted for weekend work. :evil:

Might be easier if you are working part time.

Good luck.
  5. I have read tesco claiming to suport TA.

More than 100 of the UK's largest companies have officially pledged their support for the country's volunteer soldiers, sailors and air crews.

The firms, including BT, Tesco, and Barclays, have joined a new campaign to get other employers, both in the public and private sector, to follow suit. If you would like to be part of this campaign please visit to pledge your support.

Dont know how tesco operate but could be proberly some stupid fool of a gate keeper desion maker you may have to get past.
    This is how I have found big companies work in other ways they have a policy that is good, but they deberatly employee fools who they suggest to do other wise often in ignorance this is because they dont want to honar there expensive polices. Fools as the fool on the shopfloor and accept this nonsense.
    I would not reliee on anything a fool in store says check their policy on line or contact there media department and present this to fool in shop if not doing what you want. It would be sensible to record conversations with him as he may not thank you and try and get rid of you for something else for making him aware of the fool he is so keep a file on him to negotate.
  6. Apply to us, mate. Tesco will take ANYBODY! :twisted:
  7. Bet you were out of rhythm when they do that annoying patting the arrse thing. Lucky escape, who wants to put flagellant on their CV?
  8. msr

msr LE

Which unit are you in?

9. I'm not. My post was quite irrelavent.

But slightly amusing i hope.
  10. Cheers for the info!

From the Sabre website it appears they give 2 weeks paid/unpaid leave for two week training. How easy this will be to arrange may be another question though:(
  11. Over qualified! :D
  12. I thought that was just Morrisons .. well they took me on :?
  13. Anyway, it's only a matter of time before TESCO sets up it's own version of Blackwater... :twisted:
  14. Does anyone work for Tesco?

Is it a rhetorical question?
  15. Spoken like a true...Manager! :roll: