Does anybody understand this ?

Closing Ceremony of the Panhellenic Reserve Exercise "MAKEDONOMACHOS 2016"
Holy Pilgrimage of Panagia Soumela
Monument to Pontic Hellenism to remind the Monastery there in the Homeland, but also a symbol of the organized genocide of more than 350,000 Greeks of Pontus by a barbaric people led by Kemal, the "father" of the Turks, slaughtered and uprooted an entire thousand people. dead, among them and many guerrillas who resisted and fell heroically ...
For the brothers who left, but also those who stayed to wait behind,
Fiery dance.
Costas Tyrekidis in Lyra, and Nikos Kalogeridis in the drum.

I believe it is a recreation of the battle of Thermopylae. expressed through the medium of modern folk dance?

Nato123

On ROPS
On ROPs
Closing Ceremony of the Panhellenic Reserve Exercise "MAKEDONOMACHOS 2016"
Holy Pilgrimage of Panagia Soumela
Monument to Pontic Hellenism to remind the Monastery there in the Homeland, but also a symbol of the organized genocide of more than 350,000 Greeks of Pontus by a barbaric people led by Kemal, the "father" of the Turks, slaughtered and uprooted an entire thousand people. dead, among them and many guerrillas who resisted and fell heroically ...
For the brothers who left, but also those who stayed to wait behind,
Fiery dance.
Costas Tyrekidis in Lyra, and Nikos Kalogeridis in the drum.
Yep, did and enjoyable Battlefield tour ..2 weeks tabbing over the Lefkaouri? Mountains, partly following the route of the Allied withdraw.

I like the place and we stopped off at a few of the more remote villages.

Treated like Kings and invited to weddings,etc. They even opened up the local school for us to doss in.

Found a good few memorials to the war between them and the Turks - and Germans, along the way.

Our Greek SF guide explaining the significance of each one.

The 16 K tab along the Samaria Gorge, at a silly pace was was a bit cheeky but enjoyable.

ExREME.TECH

War Hero

Nato123

On ROPS
On ROPs
I've heard the expression ' to be Greeked' ... I expect it means what we all think, rather than anything to do with the Euro and or EU Loans?

Glad it's not just us that has fat bastards in the army

Is he Hellenic Logistics Corps?

1590730887304.png

1590731014054.png

What sounds like Greek but isn't Greek? That's a good one!

Yep, did and enjoyable Battlefield tour ..2 weeks tabbing over the Lefkaouri? Mountains, partly following the route of the Allied withdraw.

I like the place and we stopped off at a few of the more remote villages.

Treated like Kings and invited to weddings,etc. They even opened up the local school for us to doss in.

Found a good few memorials to the war between them and the Turks - and Germans, along the way.

Our Greek SF guide explaining the significance of each one.

The 16 K tab along the Samaria Gorge, at a silly pace was was a bit cheeky but enjoyable.
White Mountains or Lefka Ori in our version of spelling Greek sounds.

I worked for a year on a section of that route from Omalos down to Hora Sfakion as a Site Engineer and one could not wish for a more beautiful location to work on.

If you took a few paces off the existing 'road' you were into land walked only by goats, since our forces evacuated via that route. I found helmets, bullets , bayonets, mortar rounds, canteens often - all just ditched by the retreating troops.

Nato123

On ROPS
On ROPs
White Mountains or Lefka Ori in our version of spelling Greek sounds.

I worked for a year on a section of that route from Omalos down to Hora Sfakion as a Site Engineer and one could not wish for a more beautiful location to work on.

If you took a few paces off the existing 'road' you were into land walked only by goats, since our forces evacuated via that route. I found helmets, bullets , bayonets, mortar rounds, canteens often - all just ditched by the retreating troops.

Sounds a great job.

I think Crete is beautiful. You must have bumped into many a Shepard tooting WW2 weaponry and also been caught out by the odd , heavy mist that rolled in?

Latest Threads