Does anybody fly BA by choice?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by RhodieBKK, Dec 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BA Strike
    "Of the staff balloted 92.5 percent voted in favor of industrial action."
    There's going to be some seriously p!55ed off passengers this Xmas.
    I stopped flying with the queens of the sky & chose virgin years ago
    when it became clear passengers were served under mincing sufference.
    Does anybody actually choose to fly BA today?
  2. Unfortunately I don't get much choice, their tickets are slightly cheaper so the company buys BA. I'd much rather fly Virgin because their cabin staff are generally friendlier.
  3. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Hell no.

Not only are they rip off merchants, but in my experience the 'national carrier' airline is always staffed by arrogant and aloof harpies, who are far above 'serving' me even a friendly smile. It's more than their jobs worth, innit?
  4. Not flown BA for years, since their service slid downhill and their prices went uphill.
  5. I do and I like it. But expensive when compared to say, AA, on North America routes. Recently a one-way MIA to LHR was twice the AA price, which makes BA a luxury that's hard to justify. Also BA only fly from London - should be called London Airways - whereas Continental, Emirates et al recognise that there is life outside the M25.
  6. Only in preference to Sleazyjet and Ryanair.

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

The only time I've seen a Business Class passenger b0llocked by a stewardess was on BA - his crime was not to have his seat in exactly the right position for landing - she tore into him for about two minutes and then pressed the button briefly - he must've been about one degree out. God knows how BA didn't go bust years ago and now they can shout at everyone in Spanish too.
  8. I have had a lot of good flights on BA, but they are now a bit expensive. I now travel everywhere I can on either Emirates or Thai.
  9. I do everythin possible to avoid BA, last time I flew to oz i delibaratly booked with qantas so i didnt have to fly BA, what I didnt count on was that stupid partnership airline thing they do I was not a happy bunny when the retun flight was BA, I even voluntered to be bumped off the flight if they were short of seats after complaining rather loudly that if I had wanted to fly with BA i would have booked with them in the fist place. If I had known about the qantas BA partnership I would have stuck with emirates.
  10. Etihad whenever possible for the Middle East; best by far.
  11. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

BA are well down my list of choice. Ignorant staff, bad attitude, poor service......
  12. Sgt.Slingsby

Sgt.Slingsby War Hero Good Egg (charities)

Bears get dragged around by the BMG on BA because ...

1. He has a skipload of BA miles, and thus upgrades to Club for free.

2. He has to fly from London, and only BA and Virgin offer an option to Washington. [Fly on US airlines? No way!]

3. There's a complicated thing on baggage allowances that makes BA the preferred option.

HOWEVER ... BA service in CLUB is cr@p ...

* Mrs BMG got a bollocking last time because her seat wasn't in the right position [like, because it wasn't working properly]. She was almost dragged into First for the takeoff.
    * Parts of meal service missed [on several occasions] because of the stupid Club seating arrangements - when she asked for coffee/breakfast, on each occasion she got the 1000-yard stare from "Tracey".
    * Warm white wine, FFS!
    * Cabin shabby and often dirty.
    * Staff disinterested and abrupt.
    * food just about average.

I have a feeling Bears may be travelling Virgin Upper in the near future, leaning/sitting on the Upper Class bar in the aircraft ... and telling people to give money to Hols4H :lol:
  13. Agreed, they have surpassed Emirates for value.
    Pity one gets stuck in the Abu Dhabi doughnut, which is long past its shelf life.
  14. My brother is going to be chuffed he is going to Johannesburg with BA on Wed and the returning 27th, He may have to rethink.... BUMMER
  15. Sgt.Slingsby

Sgt.Slingsby War Hero Good Egg (charities)

UNITE are working really hard to bury BA - the stupidity of the 70's is back :roll: