does any one know the test for 3* and 2* shooting

Damn.... and theres me thinking this was a cunning plan to cull the ranks of the senior officers...........

5.56mm said:
does any one know the test for 3* and 2* shooting what do you have to do in both
With which weapon?

2* is grouping with the GP rifle, similar shoot as per the 1* with the No8.
3* is with the LSW.
4* is with the target rifle

Of course you can pass the 1-3* on the air rifle or no 8 if no fullbore available due to distance etc...

TWO STAR

Two Star - Air Rifle=4 x NSRA 5.5m Air Rifle targets 5 rounds (Pellets) at each target (1 x pellet at each of 5 separate spot targets)

Two Star - No 8 Rifle=2 x NSRA 'Tin Hat' targets 10 rounds per target (5 spot targets 2 rounds per spot) 25, 20 or 15m targets according to range used

Two Star - L98 Rifle=25m Barrack Range - 1 x 5 round group and then 1 x 10 round group or 100m Range - 2 x 5 round groups

THREE STAR

Three Star - L98 Rifle=1 x 5 round group at 100m (Grouping). 5 x 10 second exposures at 200m, 1 rounds to be fired at each exposure(Deliberate). 1 x 30 second exposure at 200m 5 rounds to be fired (Deliberate). 5 x Exposures at 200m of 5 seconds, 1 round per exposure (Snap)

Three Star - LSW=3 x 5 single round groups at 100m (Grouping). 3 x 3 round burst at 100m (Grouping). 3 x single rounds at 200m (Application of Fire). 2 x 3 round bursts at 200m (Suppressive Fire). 2 x single rounds at 300m (Application of Fire). 5 x 3 round groups at 300m (Suppressive Fire)

Three Star - Target Rifle=9 x Rounds at 300m on NRA 300 Targets. 9 x Rounds at 300m on NRA 500 Targets

edited cos it wasn't very neat!!!

Or your SAS underwater ninja fighting knife.

BTW, I have an authentic SAS/PARA beer glass, as used by the SAS in a French Bar. Bids accepted.

Rab

Back on topic however, in my experience of the ACF even if you pass the tests then the assessments get lost, depending on the effectiveness of your DC and CTO of course.

Its glass im afraid, but when filled it turns a murky shade of amber, and so can be used in a desert enviroment.

MBGFB, it can be yours, just place a bid. I hear you have an SAS/PARA bottle opener?

Ive heard that you are really attached to your SAS/PARA bottle opener, almost like a bodily extension.

Every Daz box I get is being plundered for those SAS/PARA washbags. Oh, 5.56, my unit were also amazed by the amount of kit they needed, it was almost reminiscent of the "we'll need a bigger boat" moment in Jaws.