Does any 1 know what my pension could be monthly

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Pension Scheme' started by foreverxbox, Feb 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im being p8 discharged done 4 and half years service. The army is responsible does anyone know how much i will get im a sapper. Thanks

2. Whats a p8 discharge?

Check the Mod website and search for the pension calculator but at a guess, if you've only done 4 years, you'll get the square root of zero.

Edited to add. Just had a quick look and you may get a few grand when you are 65.

3. Suggest you log onto ARMYNET mate and trawl for information on medical discharge - I remember seeing a section there. Also get in touch with the British Legion who can help out with any claim you have. In essence the amount awarded will depend on your disability which is determined by an Army Medical board.

4. If you are being Med Discharged you will noit get the square root of zero as Flash stated.

I find it hard to beleive that your chain of command have not issued you a statement. Ask to speak to your RAO.

5. If you search this forum and that of Finance, you will find this has been covered already. Your pension is decided by the Veterans' Agency once your Medical Board has reported to them. In the meantime, your RAO is best placed to advise you.

This information comes with a large caveat....

I note that the annual pension tables do not show any value for less than 5 year's service. A private soldier with 5 year's service and a medical discharge will receive £2775 pa. In addition, a disability pension may be paid which is £2631 pa for 20% disability, up to £6427 for 100%.

If you are to be discharged, start your resettlement NOW!

Litotes

6. I do hope you get something. Remember though, that Brown will take 22% of it back as tax. Good luck. Will you let us all know in due course?

7. I do hope you get something. Remember though, that Brown will take 22% of it back as tax. Good luck. Will you let us all know in due course?

8. I do hope you get something. Remember though, that Brown will take 22% of it back as tax. Good luck. Will you let us all know in due course?

9. If your 'MD' is Attributable to Service, then you will not pay Tax on your Service Invaliding Pension. However the 'MD' has to be over 20% for you to get a War Pension, if you get a 'WP' of the Veterans Agency this is the one that makes your 'SIP' Tax Free.

Remember to get a full copy of your f/Med 4(in color) if you can, as the MOD/VA, had habit of loosing med doc's.

10. So thats 66% then??

(You've posted the same post three times. ;) )

11. I see from other posts that some in here wish you to be a mod?

Perhaps you should offer helpful advice rather than crass comments.

Remember.... "its not the critic that counts...."

12. Maybe you should do a bit of research before you make yourself look an even bigger cock.

You see from other posts that I wish to be a mod?

I'd rather fuck Mo Mowlem, you tool.

13. WTF? You boring cnut.

14. Flashheart you are indeed a cnut - for beating me to that witty reposte ;-)

Obviously you are not allowed a sense of humour so off to the QM's to hand it back in.