Does afc Harrogate prepare you

Hi I was just wondering if anybody knows how much Harrogate will prepare you for paras I am going Harrogate in March and wanting to go into paras but I have heard a lot of people say it’s to easy and it won’t prepare you for phase 2 I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the training there and if it prepares you.

Hi I was just wondering if anybody knows how much Harrogate will prepare you for paras I am going Harrogate in March and wanting to go into paras but I have heard a lot of people say it’s to easy and it won’t prepare you for phase 2 I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the training there and if it prepares you.
it teaches the essential soldiering skills, how is it not relevant?

It prepares junior soldiers as best as it can, by giving them the relevant required skills to move onto further training. Some will find it easy, some will find it hard, most will find it a mixture of hard and easy.

It is still down to the individual soldier to work hard, learn and have the determination to succeed, during subsequent phases of training. Especially for those aspiring to become a Para.

Put it this way. Is there anywhere else in the world you can go that will do a better job?
Just get there take all the opportunities on offer and do your best.

No I was just told fitness wise it won’t and that it’s much harder to pass if you go to Harrogate. Could all be rumors and what not but just thought I’d ask
You can always do more fitness on top. It gives you the foundation, hence the name. It is up to you to build on it.

No I was just told fitness wise it won’t and that it’s much harder to pass if you go to Harrogate. Could all be rumors and what not but just thought I’d ask
As Para Reg recruits a much higher standard of fitness will be expected and required of them but when they pass out and get to Para Company at Catterick they will have a build up peroid to P Company Test week. The army has been doing this for more than half a century since the time when they had the Infantry Junior Leaders Battalion (IJLB) and Junior Infantry battalion. Both units were composed of every infantry regiment in the army including the Parachute Regiment. When the junior Paras passed out they went to Depot Para and did P Company alonside platoons from the Junior Para Company and adult recruits.

Latest Threads