Dodgy sales on Faceache....

ugly

LE
Definitely a sound moderator

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
If I need to buy something, absolutely the very first place I'm going to look for an emergency plumber, electrician, cruise, ambulance chasing lawyer, yada yada yada will be Facebook.

NOT.

I've told Facebook I'm going to block every advert I get, and block all future ads from that company. Advertising has gone through the roof over the last couple of months. Usually second item in my feed and thereafter every third post or so.

Click ellipsis top right.
Hide advert.
Why? Irrelevant. (They're cunning, the list boxes reorder every time).
Hide all ads from this company.

It gives me a small satisfaction (I'm easily pleased) and I like to think that advertisers get feedback (but that's being optimistic). I just don't get why Mark Zuckerberg needs to prostitute his platform in order to raise yet more billions.

As an aside, I regularly get an ad on local radio which whitters on about a platform where you don't have to accept cookies and where the end user cannot avoid advertising. Yes, it's telling the end user that Wave 105 want you, the user, to be bombarded with yet more ads.

Excuse me. That'll be my p¡ss boiling.

Edit. It also amuses me how obscure the adverts get as Facebook try to find an appropriate as to fill the hole that absolutely needs filling.

ugly

LE
I no longer use social media it’s frankly poisonous

Whining Civvy

War Hero
You can get all kinds of Faceache ad blockers, I use Firefox and have Fluff Buster, it hides everything. Of course that does leave more space for the utter bollocks that everyone considers important enough to share with the world, but horses for courses.

This "Fuel Filter" just came up on Faceache , for sale from China..........
My rubbish air rifle will look even more crap with that attached.

To, err, filter it's fuel...

GreyArea

War Hero
Gents...

All you have to do is get Fluff Busting Purity from this site and all your unwanted Faceache problems will disappear.

Once installed on your browser you can tailor exactly what will and what wont come up on your page, honestly it's the best extension I ever added.

........... I just don't get why Mark Zuckerberg needs to prostitute his platform in order to raise yet more billions.
Thats exactly why he has billions.
The majority of his fortune is in Facebook shares, there is only any value in Facebook from advertising revenue generated by views & clicks of its user base.

Gents...

All you have to do is get Fluff Busting Purity from this site and all your unwanted Faceache problems will disappear.

Once installed on your browser you can tailor exactly what will and what wont come up on your page, honestly it's the best extension I ever added.

I binned Facebook, far easier. Now my main source of Brexit realated ranting is arrse

If I need to buy something, absolutely the very first place I'm going to look for an emergency plumber, electrician, cruise, ambulance chasing lawyer, yada yada yada will be Facebook.

NOT.

I've told Facebook I'm going to block every advert I get, and block all future ads from that company. Advertising has gone through the roof over the last couple of months. Usually second item in my feed and thereafter every third post or so.

Click ellipsis top right.
Hide advert.
Why? Irrelevant. (They're cunning, the list boxes reorder every time).
Hide all ads from this company.

It gives me a small satisfaction (I'm easily pleased) and I like to think that advertisers get feedback (but that's being optimistic). I just don't get why Mark Zuckerberg needs to prostitute his platform in order to raise yet more billions.

As an aside, I regularly get an ad on local radio which whitters on about a platform where you don't have to accept cookies and where the end user cannot avoid advertising. Yes, it's telling the end user that Wave 105 want you, the user, to be bombarded with yet more ads.

Excuse me. That'll be my p¡ss boiling.

Edit. It also amuses me how obscure the adverts get as Facebook try to find an appropriate as to fill the hole that absolutely needs filling.

You seem really pissed of, and quite rightly so, however, I do not have that problem, as I, and I suspect many more, do not subscribe to Facebook, twitter Etc, or any other social media electronic bollox,...Life's to short to be annoyed by what amounts to a total un-nessercery intrusion into your private affairs.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Gents...

I'm sure it works, but I do all my FB browsing on an android mobile, and Fluff Buster is only available on my desktop.

Haven't used FB for over 10 years now.
Only sites I use are Arrse, BBC news, the South Wales argus and Wales online.

Arrse is the only one I post on.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
You seem really pissed of, and quite rightly so, however, I do not have that problem, as I, and I suspect many more, do not subscribe to Facebook, twitter Etc, or any other social media electronic bollox,...Life's to short to be annoyed by what amounts to a total un-nessercery intrusion into your private affairs.
Great. If you aren't an admin for your Regimental Association.

Latest Threads